New owner from Oklahoma

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

SSLunatic

New owner from Oklahoma

Post by SSLunatic »

Hello all, I’ve been lurking around the site trying to gleam as much information as possible. Finally decided to join up and participate. I’ve learned a lot from y’all already!

Recently, my grandfather passed away and his 1972 F250 with the 390 and C6 was passed down to me. He’s owned the truck since 1979. The truck is solid top to bottom, always garage kept. Interior is mint. Exterior has no dents, dings, and only a minor rust spot in the bed underneath the toolbox where it rubbed.

It sat for 8 years in the garage under covers. I’m in the process now of getting it all cleaned up. The tranny and motor will need rebuilt. Tranny leaks out of both ends unfortunately and will get rebuilt. Motor is down on compression in 2 cylinders so I’ll do a valve job on the heads and probably port them to match the new intake. My plan is to have the motor possibly bored over and bring the compression up to 8.5 to 9.0, install the Edelbrock Performer Plus camshaft and intake on it, maybe a set of headers. Trying to get it up to the 1969 levels of oomph, not looking for a fireball, just dependable. Then just drive and enjoy, pull our small camper on occasion. Spent a ton of time in this truck with my grandpa when I was little. This will be a forever own.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: New owner from Oklahoma

Post by basketcase0302 »

:wel:

Nice to see another truck stay in the family.
New guy buys the coffee this morning LOL!
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »