A/C Compressor bracket for FE - New Design

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

Gray035

Re: A/C Compressor bracket for FE - New Design

Post by Gray035 »

Are the service ports on the compressor accessible with the bracket in use? Or did you use hoses with ports in them elsewhere?
1968 F-250 Camper Special
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Gray035 wrote:Are the service ports on the compressor accessible with the bracket in use? Or did you use hoses with ports in them elsewhere?
There are only 2 ports on the compressor, high side and low side. (input and output) The high side and low side taps are located in the hose fittings. If you wanted the taps on the compressor fittings, yes, they would still be accessible with with bracket installed. Mine are at the condenser and the firewall fitting to the evaporator, just to have them a little more out of sight.

The oil fill plug on the compressor is also accessible, located at approx the 1-2 o'clock position. (needs to be above 3 o'clock per the Sanden service manual.

Thanks for the question! :thup:
Gray035

Post by Gray035 »

tylerb43 wrote:
Gray035 wrote:Are the service ports on the compressor accessible with the bracket in use? Or did you use hoses with ports in them elsewhere?
There are only 2 ports on the compressor, high side and low side. (input and output) The high side and low side taps are located in the hose fittings. If you wanted the taps on the compressor fittings, yes, they would still be accessible with with bracket installed. Mine are at the condenser and the firewall fitting to the evaporator, just to have them a little more out of sight.

The oil fill plug on the compressor is also accessible, located at approx the 1-2 o'clock position. (needs to be above 3 o'clock per the Sanden service manual.

Thanks for the question! :thup:
I'm confused (and maybe it's my ignorance regarding servicing an AC system). Are you saying that I need to have service ports in BOTH the hose lines AND at the compressor? For some reason I thought only one set was necessary (a port anywhere on the high pressure side and a port anywhere on the low pressure side). I guess my ultimate question (since I am putting hoses together myself) is do I need to get a couple fittings with service ports? Or is that optional?

Thanks!
1968 F-250 Camper Special
winr

Post by winr »

Hey Tyler .... sent ya PM on one of the AC brackets .... Ricky.
All your Ford are belong to us
62galxe

Post by 62galxe »

Sent you a PM. Would like a bracket. Kenny
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

62galxe wrote:Sent you a PM. Would like a bracket. Kenny
Sounds great, Kenny - replied! :thup:
WhitsEnd
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by WhitsEnd »

For those using this bracket, I have found it to be a great mounting place for an idler pulley for my 3G alternator to stop the inherent squeal that so many people experience with a single groove 3G alternator pulley.

I purchased this GM idler pulley on Amazon:
And then mounted it like this
And now the V-belt wraps more of the pulley on the 95 amp alternator and my squeal is GONE! This may help people that don't want to or can't run two belts dedicated to the alternator, and only have a brief squeal at startup. Average tension on the single belt is all that's needed. This bracket makes it painless! I drilled one hole and bought a v-belt 2" longer. Done.
8) 1970 F100 Ranger 2WD
:thup: project link: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=83642
Chavezz

Post by Chavezz »

I would like to purchase the welded a/c compressor bracket for FE -new design. My wife has pay pal. I have a 1970 F100 390 4x4. I would appreciate any help in expediting the purchase of your product thanks, just what I was looking for. Thanks again Mike
Prospector59

Post by Prospector59 »

Tyler,

THANK YOU! Got the bracket today. Great quality, looking forward to using it on my 1973 F250 360 No-Boy build.

Thanks again, Norm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Still got one of these? can I get price with shipping to 32526, Pensacola, fl. thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Nice quality work!!!, now I can get rid of the old A/C bracketry stuff slap on the 3G alt and clean up the engine Thanks Tyler!!!

hipofomoco406

Post by hipofomoco406 »

Hello Tyler,
Are the mounts still available?
I am ready to purchase I need the welded unit and it can be bare or painted whichever is easier.
I did send you an email via your link posted to the thread on this site but have not yet received a reply from you.
I have Paypal and I am ready to purchase now.
Thank you for providing a great alternative for us FE enthusiasts, every one else seems to have given up on what I believe is Ford's best engine series ever and I have been around wrenching on them since they were introduced.
Best regards,
George
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Got mine mounted, One wire alternator, and the Sanden compressor. I got a little creative with idle pulleys, one, like Tyler did for the squeaking alternator issue. Got one between the compressor and crank pulley, and one between the crank and power steering. See below

Tyler's bracket with two extra pulleys mounted to it.

I can maybe move these two out a little bit, but might use grade 8 bolts or maybe find some other hardened bolts

this idler helps the belt have more contact with the top of the crank pulley and the power steering pump.

The main thing that stands out is the first crank pulley, that's the dealer added a/c York compressor pulley, didn't want to really use that, sanden type compressor would be too far fwd for my liking. Could not move the compressor back enough to use one of the old alternator pulleys so I thought I would combine it with the power steering, ergo, the two extra pulleys for that belt.

So far, it all runs well, power steering is a breeze, alt puts our 14.5vdc with no noise, not sure about the when the A/C clutch kicks in, not close to adding the rest of the A/C yet.

stuckc

Post by stuckc »

Hello, I had seen and read about this AC bracket, and it is exactly what I am looking for. Tyler are you still making these? And if so can I purchase one? Needing one for a Sanden 508 compressor for a 390 4 speed Galaxie 500. Thanks
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390FE1972 »

You may want to send tylerb43 a email as he has not been active on the forum since January of this year. To send him an email make sure you are logged in to the forum, scroll up on this thread to his last entry, and click on his name on the right side of the page, this will bring up his profile. On the left side of the profile it has a place you click on to send him an email.

Regards :drive:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears