radiator standoff panels

Moderator: FORDification

Bill Ramsey
Preferred User
Preferred User

radiator standoff panels

Post by Bill Ramsey »

there are 2 (for this purpose, I know there is more variations) different core supports, one where the radiator mounts flat to the core support, and one that has standoff brackets spot welded to the core support. This extends the radiator out and at a slight angle. These brackets are usually found on Highboys and F350's. I need those brackets, either cut off a trashed core support or a complete core support that has them. I prefer just the brackets though. I know its a long shot, but help me out. thanks,
1968 Highboy
1976 Highboy
1969 F250 Camper Special
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
1930 Model A Coupe (Hotrod)
1962 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
VW Sandrails
Honda ATC's
36' Diesel Pusher for roughing it.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: radiator standoff panels

Post by basketcase0302 »

"Bill Ramsey"]there are 2 (for this purpose, I know there is more variations) different core supports, one where the radiator mounts flat to the core support, and one that has standoff brackets spot welded to the core support. This extends the radiator out and at a slight angle. These brackets are usually found on Highboys and F350's. I need those brackets, either cut off a trashed core support or a complete core support that has them. I prefer just the brackets though. I know its a long shot, but help me out. thanks,
Bill the proper terminology here is called "SUPER COOLING RADIATOR SUPPORT" (will make it a lot...easier to find them if you use those words).
But...I doubt you will find them as the ones that are not rotted out are still in use and are as rare as hen's teeth.
I have some good pictures of it from my old F-350. :(
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Bill Ramsey
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bill Ramsey »

I do not agree. They may be hard to find, but definately dont qualify as Hens Teeth. Im in SoCal, and parts are plentiful around here and I know where to look. Dents also had them, just gotta be patient and they will probably just fall into my lap.

If Someone here has them, even better.
1968 Highboy
1976 Highboy
1969 F250 Camper Special
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
VW Sandrails
Honda ATC's
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

"Bill Ramsey"]I do not agree. They may be hard to find, but definately dont qualify as Hens Teeth. Im in SoCal, and parts are plentiful around here and I know where to look. Dents also had them, just gotta be patient and they will probably just fall into my lap.

So...you don't even know what the part is called but you know there's a bunch of them lying around in cali. :yt: :lol:
Good luck with your search bill.
In the meantime...let me bring you up to speed. :yes:

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=35747
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Bill Ramsey
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bill Ramsey »

basketcase0302 wrote:
"Bill Ramsey"]I do not agree. They may be hard to find, but definately dont qualify as Hens Teeth. Im in SoCal, and parts are plentiful around here and I know where to look. Dents also had them, just gotta be patient and they will probably just fall into my lap.

So...you don't even know what the part is called but you know there's a bunch of them lying around in cali. :yt: :lol:

IMG_20171214_41363.jpg
Picked up a core support, highboy bumper brackets, and a pair of Ford mirrors for $100, today.

Am I up to speed yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 Highboy
1976 Highboy
1969 F250 Camper Special
1941 Dodge Power Wagon
VW Sandrails
Honda ATC's
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

"Bill Ramsey"]
basketcase0302 wrote:
IMG_20171214_41363.jpgPicked up a core support, highboy bumper brackets, and a pair of Ford mirrors for $100, today.
Am I up to speed yet?

Oops...I stand corrected. Looks like they are a lot more plentiful out there on the West Coast than they are over here in the rust belt.
I hope you enjoy your new radiator standoffs. :hi:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
hdman90
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hdman90 »

Wow! You found your two missing items! Stand-offs and bumper brackets! Score!
That was fast! :thup:
1969 F-100 LWB 2wd 240 3spd manual
1969 F-250 LWB 4wd 360 4spd manual
1976 F-250 Supercab LWB 2wd 390 4spd manual