69 F100 Long bed

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

Danielg_84

69 F100 Long bed

Post by Danielg_84 »

Bought my first old truck from the husband of my wife's coworker for a song. 69 F100 long bed, 300 straight 6, 3 on the tree. Body's in decent shape, interior is TRASH. Drives nice and runs strong. Previous owner had just put on new suspension all the way around. He also had converted it to run on natural gas. Really cool, but very inconvenient for me. He switched it back to gasoline before I picked it up.

It's got a few issues to work out before it's a legal daily driver. Already used the forum to get help with a couple of those before I made it official and joined. Many more issues to come! All of my old-car-work experience comes from two 68 Mustang builds with my Dad. I miss having an old car, and miss the utility of my F150, so...two birds, one stone!

I like the big six, and the manual trans, bit a 302 sure would sound nice, and an automatic would make that Houston traffic less tricky. Maybe someday.
Big specht

Re: 69 F100 Long bed

Post by Big specht »

You guys down south have all the good stuff. Every thing up here is rusted out or will be before to long
Danielg_84

Re: 69 F100 Long bed

Post by Danielg_84 »

Good point! But, it comes with a price. AC is a necessity here for a good 9 months out of the year. It was 89 and humid on Christmas Day. Never had it in my Mustang back in the day, and would show up everywhere drenched in sweat. I've got all the components for the AC for this truck, just gotta get it installed. Same for the heat. I'm actually a little intimidated by that...looks like the previous owner ripped out all the wiring and connectors when he "uninstalled" them.