who runs this server anyway

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

who runs this server anyway

Post by fordman »

i had just wrote up a long post and the sever did me again to night. it has been acting up since i tried to get back on 45 minutes ago. these people need to fix thier problems.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: who runs this sevrer anyway

Post by FORDification »

Sorry about the problems this evening, Craig. The problem isn't the hosts....it's me. I've been trying to get the SpellCheck feature installed, but that means importing a very large text file for the dictionary. Unfortunately, we're limited to 75,000 database queries per hour, and each word from the dictionary is one query. With nearly 200,000 words, that means I keep hitting the database query limit for the hour. I tried several different methods without success, so I'm temporarily giving up until I can do a little more research into how I can get this dictionary installed without locking up the forum's database.

...and in the future, when I try something like this, I'll try to do it in the wee hours of the morning, when few people will be negatively affected.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: who runs this server anyway

Post by fordman »

oh sorry i thought it was the host again.