attatching pictures

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

thebannister8
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

attatching pictures

Post by thebannister8 »

i want to attach pics right from my computer...just click the attachment...i've posted pics here before and some work and some tell me i have exceded the 500 kib maximum....same camera, same settings.....i checked the properties of the pic i wanted to load on here and it was .97mb...i tried to resize it with photopad, but that just lets me change width and height ( it made it small, but still was over 500 kib) ...how can i change the size to fit on here...thanks :fr:
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: attatching pictures

Post by FORDification »

What file format are you trying to save these images as? You should always save as a .jpg, as any other format (.gif, .bmp, etc.) will not compress the image enough to make much of a difference when you manually resize the dimensions.

What you need is a different piece of software....not an additional piece, but a replacement. You need something that will optimize (compress) jpg files. Try the following link.

http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

You can download and install this software to resize and optimize your pictures, or you can just use their online feature to do it for you.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
thebannister8
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by thebannister8 »

thank you ...they say they are jpegs...i'll do the software you recommended...:)
thebannister8
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by thebannister8 »

update.....that program works great....with one click it automaticaly resizes... :woohoo: