Used performance parts

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

ButtaBean

Used performance parts

Post by ButtaBean »

Anyone have a good handle on where to purchase good used perfomance parts? Surely there is a website that offers them for sale by owner. I've spent some time looking with little results.
I had a friend that could find anything I threw at him, but he passed away this last summer. No idea how he did it. Nothing would escape him for long. Hell of a guy and he's missed.
Surely there's a forum or three dedicated to such things?
DuckRyder

Re: Used performance parts

Post by DuckRyder »

What engine?
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
ButtaBean

Post by ButtaBean »

This time, I'm looking for 1974 351 windsor parts. Mainly some good flowing heads and headers.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Your best bet is to research and find something more specific to look for like a casting number or what it/they originally were installed in. For example 1969 Mustang. Mach 1 cylinder head or C9OE-B cylinder head and Google/eBay/Craig's list search for those. Just 351w performance parts is a wide open search and will give you more findings, most of which will be just ads or other garbage.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

You might try the corral, stangnet and perhaps club cobra...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
jamesdfo

Post by jamesdfo »

Try www.racingjunk.com tons of stuff on there, but it's all over North America........

HTH
James
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Might also check the junkyard. Not aftermarket performance, but the factory GT40 heads are about the best cast iron heads that Ford put on a production small block. It's the head that they used on the Cobra Mustangs and the Lightening. Also happens to be the same head used on the 96-97 Ford Explorer 5.0L, but will have to have the head bolt holes redrilled from 7/16 to 1/2 inch. You do not want to use GT40P heads that were found on the 98+ Explorer, on paper they were best factory head, but they have an oddball spark plug location/angle that makes them a pain to fit headers for.

If you do grab a set of heads from an Explorer, I'd recommend a valve spring upgrade before using, they were about the weakest part of that engine.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body