No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

ksteward612

Seat Belts

Post by ksteward612 »

Hi
I am looking at buying a 1972 F250

Seat Belt question:

1) Does the truck come with 2 or 3 lap belts standard?

2) I think there are threaded anchor points for 3 pt belts on the driver and passenger. What about a middle passenger? Is there a lap belt locating anchors?

thanks in advance
Kevin
Lee

Re: Seat Belts

Post by Lee »

Hi,

My 70 Highboy came with 3 lap only belts. The truck had the threaded holes and so I installed 3 point for the passenger and driver... kept the lap for in the middle.

Lee
mulletmobile

Post by mulletmobile »

You may need to tap the upper holes for the 3 point system as most did not have threaded holes.
1971 F-250, Wimbeldon White, 360, PB, dealer add-on A/C (A.R.A. brand), 1970 coded interior (23 - Med. blue/Light blue) with 42,000 miles.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Robroy posted a very detailed write up on his installation (thanks Robroy!). Well worth reading it all. http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=50489
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
cstoyer

Post by cstoyer »

sargentrs wrote:Robroy posted a very detailed write up on his installation (thanks Robroy!). Well worth reading it all. http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=50489
Same post I was thinking about when I started to read this thread. :thup:

cstoyer
68 F250 4x4
MadJoe

Post by MadJoe »

I just installed a set of the 3 points in my truck, but the retractor body interferes with the belt and there's no way to move it into a position it doesn't without causing it to get struck by the door as it closes. Has anyone had this issue? Is there an adapter plate to move the anchor point out a little so the retractor doesn't get in the way?

Also, I recently discovered that my passenger side was so tight it no longer works, I think it got crushed by the door between it and the seat. Ugh.

Lastly, you don't need to thread the hole, as a matter of fact that's a terrible idea because there's no meat holding that in the B pillar. You want to put a nut, lock washer and one of the big washers most kits come with on the backside of the bolt holding the top point in to give it something to grab in the event you ever need it. Otherwise, there's no point to the 3 point harnesses since if you install it that way, the 3rd point is effectively only for show. I had to remove my bench and fuel tank to get my hand up into the B pillar, but it was worth it for the peace of mind knowing it's going to take a pretty massive crash for that anchor to come loose.

I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll post some photos of the retractors and details of which kit I bought (I got it from LMC Truck and was supposed to be "direct fit").
1971 F-350 DRW SWB Stake Body
360 FE
C6 transmission
OEM disc brakes
OEM power steering
Dana 70 4.10 rear end