Fordmans 71 4wd woods truck

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Fordmans 71 4wd woods truck

Post by fordman »

i put some carpet in to patch the holes inthe floor yesterday. i took it out of a 88 F150. it fits but i had to cut the center hump out fo the carpet. because it was way too tall. and i had to cut some off of the back of the carpet because of the in cab gas tank. i then made all the little holes for the seat bolts and the jack handle keepers. i took the tunnel cover off and put the carpet under the tunnel cover. to hold the cut off carpet. it works for what i was wanting. the drivers side seemed to fit really good. but the passenger side just wasnt molded exactly right to fit as good as the drivers side. i took some cell phone pics. they are pretty blurry but i'll see if i can upload them for you to see. oh the funny part. the truck is blue. but the carpet is red. i will see if i can lighten up the pictures and repost them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

nothing new really. but the passenger side lock knob is messed up some how. and keeps going to low to get a good hold onto it and unlock the truck. i screwed the knob up some so we could get a hold of it better. and i havent had time to take the door apart and look at the mechinism or the rods. so i had some ong reach skeleton head door lock knobs i put on both sides of the truck last weekend. as well as i had to air up both front tires. and it looks like the battery dad gave me didnt have enough charge to keep up so i had to jump start the truck when i moved it. well more to this project before winter i am sure.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

a dead battery and both front tires are flat again. i had to have ran over something i dont know what thought. oh yes i do. barbed wire fence that was down. we had to drive over to get out away from the mud hole this winter. well i will be fixing tires soon it looks like anyway i wanted to post a picture of the skull door lock knobs. here they are this will get a real thrill out of them. and it will up the value of the truck 35 cents per knob.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

well i fixed both front flat tires today. they were just bead leaks. the rear one was also flat today too. but i was able to hammer on the wheel and got the leaks to stopped. i hope. i also cleaned the battery posts and terminals and ran the truck for a while. and the battery now seems to stay charged up. since i only get a few hours each weekend to do anything to this truck i got a lot done considering how much time i spent on it. i really want to get the new timing chain put in and give this thing a tune up on the carb and so on. it misses real bad and doesnt run real great. but it runs good enough for what it was intended for right now. i just don't want to drive it on the road until i get the timing chain and carb idiling correctly. i also want to try and get the instrument cluster ipvr adjusted. it may have even burned up tonight i am unsure. the fuel gauge read 1/4 when i know it had more than that in it. then when i got in it to drive it to the corner and back i was out of fuel according to the gauge. but that is when the rest fo the gauges seemed to stop working also. so something went wrong. old trucks need lots of attention.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

got it started up sunday. with a quick jump start. then pulled it up to the garage and put the battery on the battery charger. i need to bring some gas down and put in the truck. its getting low i think. i know the gas gauge is off by about a 1/4 tank when full . so i checked the level with a stick and barely had any fuel on the stick. we also may have lost our place to cut wood for the winter and i am now wondering if i even need this truck anymore. i think i need to get on the ball and find another place to cut wood tomorrow. i also need to get the manifold leak on the passenger side fixed the truck is way too loud for me right now. and i also would like to have the time to replace the timing chain with a new one this time. the used timing chain wasnt the right thing to do. but that was all i could do at the time.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

I missed out on a good cab for this truck two years ago. Because i wasnt sure on the price i could get it for. Anyway. I plan on a bed swap that matches the cab. And i still plan on swapping the grille for a 69 steel grille. Plus i wanted to bump my thread whete i could find it again.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

Keywords Backwoods 71 4wd Fordman where is my post