Project Pics (so far)...

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Project Pics (so far)...

Post by Nitekruizer »

Welcome To Nitekruizer's Build Thread

PROJECT "BLACKJACK"

My 1969 Ford F-100 Ranger Project:

Here's a pic of my truck taken a couple of years after I bought it. I had already rebuilt my engine, done the brakes and replaced the front bumper and mirrors. I have a picture of the truck that was taken 3 weeks after I bought it which I will post if/when I find it.
:fr:
Last edited by Nitekruizer on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Project Pics (so far)...

Post by Nitekruizer »

ImageThe bodywork begins. Floor pans replaced. Lot's more body work to do before paint.ImageImageImageImageImageGood time to do some wiring. When I install my power steering the shifter will go on the floor. In this shot the new windshield is in place.
ImageImageThis shot was taken after I converted to power steering. The column is out of a '73 F-350 4-speed truck. I will be installing a custom wooden wheel. :)
Last edited by Nitekruizer on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

Here's a pic of the tranny that's attached to the other end of that shifter.Image
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

My 390 FE engine. Engine was rebuilt by me. The machine work was done by a local shop. It's basically stock but bored .040"over.ImageIn this pic I'm getting ready to install an aluminum intake.
ImageIt's an Edelbrock Performer. I'm not using the end seals. I ran a bead of silicone instead. :)ImageImageMy truck just became fifty pounds lighter. :lol:
Last edited by Nitekruizer on Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MUSTANG GT AND F250

Post by MUSTANG GT AND F250 »

Good luck and have fun on your project.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

MUSTANG GT AND F250 wrote:Good luck and have fun on your project.
Thanks Mustang GT and F-250. I'm enjoying putting the old girl back together. She's actually getting close to being back on the road...I hope. :hd: The main things I still have to do are shorten the driveshaft, put the interior back in and get some tires and wheels.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

Here's a few more body & paint pics.ImageImage
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

ImageIn the paint booth...Imagefinally! :woohoo:
Last edited by Nitekruizer on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageOK, I'm all caught up with the pics now. I had to have my rad repaired. I also picked up some bumper guards for just $7.00! :D I have to decide what to do about the grille. The original aluminum "bright" grille is in pretty rough shape...lots of dings and cracked in a couple places. The passenger side headlight bezel is probably history for the same reasons. I scored a very straight white painted grille and bezels. It needs to be repainted though. So I'm trying to decide whether to try to get it chromed (my first choice but probably very expensive) or to have it painted body color (gloss black) or have it done in satin black. 8)
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

I've been working on my truck when I've had time and have been making a bit more progress. I'll be posting more pics as I go.

I had my driveshaft shortened and have since installed it, so my driveline is now complete. I made and test-fitted my headliner. A bit more wiring to do and I'm planning an overhead console (That's why there's a slot in the centre of the headliner).

I'm going "old school" on the audio. The head unit is an Audiodek AM/FM Cassette. I had it in my truck before and liked it so, I decided to re-use it. I've since added "low level" outputs to it so that it will plug into virtually any amplifier.
The amplifier is an old Craig Powerplay. I had to fix it. I replaced both output IC's and the transistor for the "auto on" function. It was worth it IMO because even though the amp doesn't have a whole lot of power, it had such a nice natural sound that I wanted to keep it. I may decide to run a second larger amp to run some subs that I have. The speakers in the pic are 4"x6" Pioneer co-axials that will be mounted in the holes in the upper rear corners.

I upgraded my other project to Halogen headlights and ended up having to replace the headlight switch and a melted connector at the floor dimmer switch. :( I decided it was time for headlight relays so, I made some. My truck didn't really need relays, but I figured since I was making some anyway...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Still have to get the grille done, put the interior in and choose some wheels and tires. Lot's of small stuff to do too. :)
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Good work! Keep it coming. :thup:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Nice work. Will be a very nice truck! :thup:
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

:thup: on your project. I wish i was as far as installing speakers.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

Hey, thanks for all the kind words, guys. Jimmy828, I know what you mean. This project has taken a whole lot longer than I ever thought it would. I thought that I would finally get her on the road this past summer, but now I'm shooting for next spring.
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

Here's a few more pics.

I tracked down the right install kit on eBay and was able to install my steering wheel. My engine compartment is pretty much back together too.

ImageImageImageImage

I was planning to try firing my engine this Fall, but now I will probably wait 'til Spring. All of the cylinders have oil in them and I've been turning the crankshaft with a wrench two or three times a year, so hopefully, she should be okay.
Putting all of the small stuff back seems to take longer than doing the big jobs. :lol: Part of the reason for that is that I don't have a lot of storage space. I basically have everything stored in the truck box and in cardboard boxes in my cab. Even some parts for my other project are stored in my truck!

ImageImage

She's gettin' Blue Dots! 8)

:)
Last edited by Nitekruizer on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 am, edited 4 times in total.