An Arkansas Rescue Mission

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Camper Special

Re: An Arkansas Rescue Mission

Post by Camper Special »

Looking good... keep going..... :thup:
persistence, dedication, patience....

Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too [censored]' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know?..And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, [censored] YOU TOO! - Lt Col. Frank Slade
1972 F100 4x4 Calypso Coral
1970 F250 H/B Harbor Blue
1970 F250 CS Red
1970 F250 H/B Yucatan gold I'm back!
cold-steel22

Post by cold-steel22 »

Thanks Ultraranger for the head info, and to all for the positive responses.
I'm in the process of getting my brakes put together. Purchased a brake line set from inline tube. I considered bending my own, but for the money I figured I would save the headache. Inline sent a stainless set of tubing that fits perfectly!
Now I'm getting the drum brakes put together and installing a new master cylinder. I figured I would get the brakes, steering, and then the engine running before paint prep. I would like to paint it myself, however I have no auto paint experience. It would be nice to say I did it myself, but probably not if it turned out worse than before I painted it

Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Cool story. The fun thing about going and getting these beat up junkers is the story you can tell about getting them home and making them as you want them. Can't do that at the dealership for sure.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
stacerbob

Post by stacerbob »

Looks like your shoes are on backwards, long shoe to the rear,may not matter much, most people end up with 2 short on one side and 2 long on the other
cold-steel22

Post by cold-steel22 »

Thanks Stacerbob.. Good eye. I'll check that out. Admittedly, I've worked on plenty of disc brake applications, but I have only replaced drum brakes once before this on my own. I tried to imitate what an instruction diagram and the previous owner had done, which could be a dangerous thing to do. Glad to learn something new!
That's the awesome part about this group though. People look out for each other and the help is genuine. I have rarely, if ever, seen trolling occur here.. And people usually take advice well.
:fr:
1967 Ford F100 SWB project
Project Thread: http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=70519
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Great story - I had a similar experience with an old Plymouth Duster bought sight unseen on eBay based on a glowing description. The one owner (nope...), rust free car had enough bondo to sink a battleship and Fred Flintstone style holes in the floor, one working brake on the right front wheel, a voltage regulator that fried itself and filled the car with smoke on the freeway half an hour after setting off, and a 15 mile range before it overheated like a Yellowstone geyser. It actually ran out of gas on the street two minutes after I bought it. Took me a long time to slooooowly limp back from LA with my kid strapped in his car seat, but I guess it'd be boring if it was easy. Glad we didn't have to deal with the cold like you did, because the heater (like the "factory a/c") didn't work either.
Nice work, by the way :thup:
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
biggene

Post by biggene »

Glad to see you are still at it. I know about waiting on the wife as well, mine is going back to school to get her Special Education certificate, so progress has come to a complete halt on my truck for now as well.