1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Another cold weekend is over and no work on the truck. It is supposed to be over 32 all this week, but drop down at night. The plan is to take the caliper mounting bracket to work so I can clean and paint it during my lunch breaks. Then I have to do the axle u-joint.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
cdnwillyg
Preferred User
Preferred User
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby cdnwillyg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 am

The cold weather can put a damper on most builds, I for one love to work with the garage door open or even on the driveway in the sun but not so much when it's cold. I am able to work inside in heat but just not the same when all closed in. And not feeling good will not help either, get well!
1968 Mercury M250 Camper Special
FE-390,570CFM 4bbl, C6 Automatic, PS, PB front disk.
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
:drive:Willy

User avatar
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru
Posts: 1027
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:15 pm
Location: Georgia, Lake City
Contact:

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby Manny » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

hfdco4 wrote:Another cold weekend is over and no work on the truck. It is supposed to be over 32 all this week, but drop down at night. The plan is to take the caliper mounting bracket to work so I can clean and paint it during my lunch breaks. Then I have to do the axle u-joint.


You still need these two i got here just one or what you think. Understand the frozen to death working. :cuss:
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:50 pm

I am interested in both. What size rotors are on that axle? If they are the same size as the 44 then i need them!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Got the Caliper Bracket blasted and painted so still on schedule. Hope to actually get more accomplished this weekend finally!!!!!!!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru
Posts: 1027
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:15 pm
Location: Georgia, Lake City
Contact:

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby Manny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 pm

hfdco4 wrote:I am interested in both. What size rotors are on that axle? If they are the same size as the 44 then i need them!



Cleaning them up for you they will make it to ya.
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Awesome!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 pm

OK for anyone still tuned in. Got out to the garage today and got some tasks done. I installed the new u-joint in the short side axle and put the two caliper brackets on. I got the tie rod and cover cleaned and painted.

Drivers side.jpg
Passenger Side.jpg
Tierod.jpg


Tomorrow being a holiday means I can get the hubs done pack the wheel bearings and get the axle attached to the frame finally!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru
Posts: 1027
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:15 pm
Location: Georgia, Lake City
Contact:

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby Manny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

You need the spring and cup, and these caliper brakets? Thought you had one hashed but glad to see your moving and making progress. I can ship out tomorrow if i need to. :thup:
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Manny wrote:You need the spring and cup, and these caliper brakets? Thought you had one hashed but glad to see your moving and making progress. I can ship out tomorrow if i need to. :thup:


Don't need the spring and cup as I figured out they are not needed for the Hubs I am using. I do need the two brackets as the ones I have have seen better days. I just need to get the frame rolling along so it can move out of the garage and the cab can move back in!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru
Posts: 1027
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:15 pm
Location: Georgia, Lake City
Contact:

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby Manny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 pm

hfdco4 wrote:
Manny wrote:You need the spring and cup, and these caliper brakets? Thought you had one hashed but glad to see your moving and making progress. I can ship out tomorrow if i need to. :thup:


Don't need the spring and cup as I figured out they are not needed for the Hubs I am using. I do need the two brackets as the ones I have have seen better days. I just need to get the frame rolling along so it can move out of the garage and the cab can move back in!



Roger wilco. I will try and blast those brakets tomorrow. They are rusty but they have not been welded or anything. Get them cleaned up and you should be good. :D
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Manny wrote:
hfdco4 wrote:
Manny wrote:You need the spring and cup, and these caliper brakets? Thought you had one hashed but glad to see your moving and making progress. I can ship out tomorrow if i need to. :thup:


Don't need the spring and cup as I figured out they are not needed for the Hubs I am using. I do need the two brackets as the ones I have have seen better days. I just need to get the frame rolling along so it can move out of the garage and the cab can move back in!



Roger wilco. I will try and blast those brakets tomorrow. They are rusty but they have not been welded or anything. Get them cleaned up and you should be good. :D



AWESOME!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm

I got out to the garage this morning for about four hours. I got a lot done and here are the pics.

Wheels on for the first time in months.jpg
Axle in for the first time 1.jpg
on four wheels again.jpg


I still have one plate to find and get the Drivers Side u-bolts installed.

I picked up a 2 gallon jug of gear oil at Tractor Supply today to fill both axles.

Then it is being rolled outside and covered so the Cab can come inside and get started!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
hfdco4
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby hfdco4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Still looking for my plate on the drivers side spring. Here is a pic of it.

Spring Plate.jpg


I know it is in the disaster area of my garage. I cleaned and painted it so it is there! :cuss: :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs

User avatar
popeyes71
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:46 pm
Location: Bay Area, Ca.

Re: 1970 F250 4X4 Rebuild / Updating

Postby popeyes71 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am

:woohoo: she is a roller! That spring plate will show up eventually.
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car


Return to “Project Updates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users