1967ish Ford F250 4x4 aka Brutus

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Flightman91

1967ish Ford F250 4x4 aka Brutus

Post by Flightman91 »

I have been meaning to start one of these for a while so here's the run down.

2005: My Grandfather takes 9 trucks, tears them all and apart and from the best parts he can find, Brutus is born.

2013: Brutus has been driven a grand total of 1700 miles, and my Grandfather sells him to me, Brutus gets a tune up.

September 2014: Due to a points issue, on my way home, Brutus begins to back fire. Due to this, I barely got him home, and when I did, he was less a muffler.

May 2015: My Grandfather informs me he would like to give me an 18 foot trailer and several other things he no longer needs. One condition, this must be done by July 4th weekend. So I have a truck that doesn't run, with no muffler, on 10 year old tires, that hasn't had an oil change in 3 years, with worn out brakes, and needs to pick up a trailer 2 hours away. Sounds like a problem.

Put it a point replacement kit, and changed 2 plugs. Runs like a top.

Put on a Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, noticed my donut gasket on the left was leaking.

Tried change the oil, couldn't get the oil filter off. Had to take the adapter off, put it in a vice and take it off with a monkey wrench. Finally got it all back together and filled up today.

Tried to change my donut gasket, cant get all the old one off. Going to drop the whole exhaust out as I cant get it apart.

And that's where I am at the moment. I'll try to upload pics as I go. If anyone has any advise I'm all ears as I am far from a mechanic.
1967(ish) Ford F250 4X4. 390, NP435, Dana 24, Dana 44 front end closed knuckle 4.11 Drum brake, Dana 60 rear end 3.73 Drum brake
2005 Subaru Forrester XS manual
2009 Scion XB Auto