I call it the Bruise..........

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: I call it the Bruise..........

Post by Canonman67 »

It's been a good weekend. I heard the 390 bark for the first time ever. http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 62&t=83930

I spent all day today dropping the tank so I could get the fill hose on. Image

I probably should have asked first how others do it. Much like Edison and the light bulb I now know at least 2,354 ways that don't work. As I look throught the few shots I took this weekend I realize just how much work it took to get the motor started and the cam breakin done. Since there's really no other pics here's a shot of the ULTRA cheap seat cover I'll be using until I can afford to upholster the seat out of the "87. Image

It looks better than the ripped vinyl of the original and I'm hoping for six months. Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I can't leave it at this so here's another shot of the engine just cause I now know it runs. Yes I WAS concerned. I'd never built a motor before this one.
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

It was a good weekend for the most part though I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. The grille is bolted in and the headlights are working though I didn't take pictures of it. I also mounted a set of NOS aftermarket mirrors. Image

Due to space constraints I can't get both sides in a single photo, (at least not at any angle I like). I spent most of Sunday running the fill pipe for the in frame gas tank. Image

I had the filler pipe from the styleside parts truck that I used along with a metal 90 and a rubber 90 from http://www.fillernecksupply.com/. I was able to get something that doesn't look like a hack job. Image

I still need to find a grommet so I don't have metal on metal around the fill pipe. Image

My current project is repairing the fan shroud to save some money. Though I'm thinking I need a better rivet tool. Image

All in all everything is on track to getting the truck on the road next week. :drive:
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

turned out pretty slick :thup:
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Thanks Seapine
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

So I worked on the vinyl flooring this weekend. I have to say I'm impressed with ACC the quality and size works out well. Image

And from the passenger side. Image

And here's the label from the box in case you want to know what I bought from RockAuto. Image

I found the rubber plug I bought for the cab hole and did some cutting to turn it into a grommet for the new fender fill. Image

Doesn't look like much against the black but it's not supposed to. I found it on ebay from a NOS seller. Image

Finally pulled the back window to put the slider from the parts truck in. Image

Pretty happy with the results though it's a bit stiff. Image

I do like the dark tint. Image

I wish the flipper I bought the truck from had left the paint alone since even rusty I could have lived with this easier than the orange peel I have. Image

I ended up disassembling the rear brakes since I found the passenger side bleeder screw was rounded off and stuck. I replaced the wheel cylinder and was going to do a complete brake job but found I have an earlier axle and need to order the right shoes and drums. Image

Today I'm off to get an exhaust put on. I'm REALLY hoping to be driving this thing home tonight. :pray: :drive: :maybe:
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

So I didn't get to drive the truck home that weekend. :cry: I had problems with getting the brakes to bleed which ended up being solved with two trips to the parts store for a master cylinder. Image

The front port was defective on the first one but the second seems to be doing the trick. I installed the driver's seat belt, cleaned up the shifter boot and installed the new heater vent hoses. Image

I've decided to go wit the metal look instead of reinstalling the dash pad. I'll finish cleaning it and fill the holes when I install the new windshield.Image

I'll install the flooring when I finish the metal\body work in the cab. Image

NEXT week, EXHAUST!! :woohoo:
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Well it's almost six months later and no exhaust, due mainly to health and other issues. But I'm close and going to finish.
The lack of photos is explained by Photobucket losing all my photos in my account. If you've read through and would like to see something in particular please let me know and I'll repost the picture in question. Since I took literally thousands of pictures at disassembly and of the rebuild it would be way too much work to rebuild this thread.
1guydude
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1guydude »

How about a pic of the truck in its current state? Sorry about ur health issues. Hope u get better.
D
2008 bmw 528i
1967 ford f100
2014 vw tiguan
2016 kawasaki 250f
2015 KTM rc390
2014 audi tt Quatro s
Braaaaap!
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Thanks. It's not as bad as it could have been. As far as current pictures go I was surprise to discover that I don't have any of the entire truck. Just detail shots of the many small projects that go into the larger project of the complete truck.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I saw some of the pictures are back on. I read your thread all the way through when you had all the pictures your doin good work. Hopefully more pictures can find their way back on this thread. Do you have a before and after shot to bring us back up to speed?
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

I've been working on it Lone Ranger. It's a slow process made more difficult because I can't sit in one spot for too long. I'll keep working on it but six pages is going to take awhile.

Before

After (so far)

As I sit here comparing the two I think I'm going to change the mirrors again before I'm done.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

Do I spy a 5 window in the back? I really like that step side too by the way.
Kyle
Canonman67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Canonman67 »

Good eye, it is a five window, I think it's a '50. I rent shop space from a local car club and it belongs to another member. She's got it stripped down to the frame which she's wire wheeled and painted with POR15.
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

I agree on the mirrors, those don't fit the truck at all. Great progress though. :thup:
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I'd have to agree on the mirrors. I like west coast jrs or mirrors that are similar. Maybe some small peek a boo mirrors would look good too.
Kyle