project update

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

project update

Post by jimmy828 »

just thought would share a couple of pics on how far I have progressed on my truck. From the back of cab to the grill is almost complete. I would say about 80% done. The ole 360 starts and idles as it should. :hd: The 360 has been completely rebuilt. Only mod 's on the 360 was installing the Eldebrock RV cam kit which included cam, valve springs, double roller timing chain, lifters, changed to a Eldebrock 4v intake with Holly 600cfm carb Had a machine shop to handle the machining on the 360 with harden valve seats, bored 30 over, crank checked out good just polished it. My biggest fear was when it was time to do that cam break-in but with the advice, rules, laws and :pray: , i made it thru with no issues. It has a small exhaust leak on header on drivers side but i have better gaskets to install when warmer weather gets here. Did the disc brake conversion and added power brakes. Learn how to double flare brakes lines and got the job done myself. Heck, everything on the truck i redone myself. If i did not know how to do the work i would do my homework then buy the tools do get the job done. That welder sure payed for itself :D . I think i have done my share of do-overs on this project but kelp going till i got it somewhat right. There are so many new parts on this thing that were purchased from Dennis Carpenter, NPD, LMC, Rock Auto, local parts house and swap meets. The rust thru's on body have been replace with new metal. Any part that has the words rubber or bushing in it has been replaced. There is so much more to mention on parts but i'll stop here. This bump has been a PITA at times and i know it will get about 10 MPG but i don't care, it's all about the end results and the fun i will have when completed. I never have driven this bump since the day i bought it. Took it home and started tearing it down 6 years ago. Just this past summer after getting the front brakes in working order i finally drove it about 10 ft. but let me tell ya, i was smiling the whole 10 ft. Still got a heck of a lot of work to do on the bed but i have got started on it. Just want to give Keith a big shout out for this site and all the guys who love helping people like myself. :fr: Thanks to all of you my gracious cyber friends
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: project update

Post by jimmy828 »

after pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.