"Hunter"...A 1972 f350 in the making.....

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

freaknajeep

Re: "Hunter"...A 1972 f350 in the making.....

Post by freaknajeep »

so work and real life have been interfering with my progress...but hoping to achieve some gratification tomorrow...well thats about it
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

well got the front cap back on and the truck off to the exhaust shop...also picked up the 4 new radials w rims so now have good nice new tires all the way round....will get a bunch of pics when I get it back...hoping to fire it up in about a week and a half...any ways thats it for now
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

ok so here we are at pic time again....truck is back from the exhaust shop..looks great i must say...did some halfa**ed clean up on the inner fenders, they have to be replaced anyways so didnt want to waste too much time or money on them, but didnt want my engine bay all nasty and stuff sooo...and as you will see still need to do some bs repair but bettter than the bs that was there to the battery tray area for the time being...well ill let the pics do the talking

the exhaust
extra nice n tight, had to bend way over to get this pic sorry for the lighting

engine bay pics...i did finish painting the fenders up to the cowl but no pics same with hood hinges but ehh you be able to imagine

and the big giant hole...lol

fresh coat of flat on the radiator

well thats what i got for now...still need to plumb in the fuel pump, reinstall the gas tank, and fill her with fuids, oh yeah and a new alternator as well...old one while it charges is just nasty and might as well just get a new one...wife is all like "spend spend spend thats all you do is spend"...my response to this is..."Your car note is almost 700 a month so bite me!"....well should have more pics in a day or so...cheers
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Jacksdad »

Looking good :thup:
Cast manifolds on mine, but I'm going to with a dual exhaust and turndowns too. I recently threw $40 and change at a set of dead soft aluminim Percy's gaskets to fix the constant exhaust leaks, so I'm anxious to know how it might sound when I get it all bolted up. Video with sound when you get it running, maybe?
1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
SeapineF37

Post by SeapineF37 »

wow :yt: exhaust looks great. what mufflers did you go with? flowmaster series 40? bet its going to be throaty!
1972 F350 seapine green cab/chassis drw
only one who has learned much can fully appreciate his own ignorance. louis l'amour
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

oh yeah...forgot one more quick thing...ive never been fond of how far the bumpers stick out not to mention i just dont like the look of bumpers on anything really...so ive decided on a front bumper delete and going with a 2 piece weld in front roll pan instead....also found a pic of a truck online where someone actually made a bumpside dually bed but to carry the bump "line" around the outer fenders they used a set of chevy stepside rear fenders...looked really super sic!!...so now when i get my work van the new vision will begin but in the meantime research...first real question are there any 8 lug conversions for the crown vic front end?...some one please say yes
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

SeapineF37 wrote:wow :yt: exhaust looks great. what mufflers did you go with? flowmaster series 40? bet its going to be throaty!
umm no not flows...some joe blow power sports company cant remember the name but its their own in house design, $69 a pair w/free shipping...sometime when on a budget you gotta do what ya gotta do...lol
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

and not sure if if I already posted this but here are the specs on the engine build...

heads...
3 angle valve job
hardened valve seats
edlebrock 50 sumptin sumptin valve springs
stainless valves

block...
bored .60 over
all sealed power bearings
sealed power speed pro pistons
hasting rings
edlebrock true roller timing set
edlebrock thumper rpm cam .292 single pattern
entire assembly was clearance checked using mics, plasti gauge or feeler gauges where applicable

factory intake
holley 750 vac sec elec choke
holley red fuel pump

np435 w/grany low
new clutch
new linkage n bushings

dana 70 rear with 3.73:1 gearing

power drum brakes :(
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

ughhhh....why does all the last piddly crap take soooooooooo loooonnngggg.....anyways start up date is looking to be sept 8-9th...thats when the 5/8x18 tap and die to fix the buggered crank threads(thanks again machine shop) will be here...still have 3 busted rear lugs and rear brakes to do so i guess thatll be ok...anyways once ive got all the plumbing n wiring done ill post those new pics....so thats all for now... :D
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

sooo...progress has been extra slow...a teenage girl and her 4 friends tried to drive thu my jeep wagoneer...totaled my jeep and her car...so now im waiting on the dr's and lawyer to tell me its ok to be out in the yard working on my truck...ill try and at least get some pics of what little i have gotten done and pics om whats left of my jeep just for giggles later tonight...well thats all for now
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

ok so well got the old ford fired up finally, had a definite very loud tic that i determined to be the #5 exhaust lifter....so now im running 7 edlebrock lifters and one melling...still trying to get timing where i lke it and the holley is running a tad rich and choke still isnt quite happy...however im changing the trucks name to "Rumpity Steelskin"....being as thats the beastly sound coming from underneath...this rumpity rumpity sound...I will try and figure out how to get the vid posted....any ways....thats all for now
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Kool you got it fired up! Lifters can be such a PIA!
Beauty of the Holley though is how easily they can be rejetted and how simplistic they are to work on. Always loved them on road but off road they are the worst for float issues causing flooding, (even the center hung Holleys I messed with were so temperamental with flooding off road).
Shameful how many folks let our inner fenders under the batter rot away... :(
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

well...quick update...motor ate the cam at about 10hrs of run time...at this point im a lil frustrated, and xmas is hot on my heels so the all roller valve train will have to wait a bit....but definitely wont be going back with a flat tappet cam...well thats all for now
freaknajeep

Post by freaknajeep »

well I found an all roller kit that includes cam, lifters, timing set, pushrods, valve springs, retainers, and locks for 1200.00 smackeroos...in a nice thumpity 291/311.....soooo...ssavin up a few bucks then gonna send my block up to Tennessee to have the next stage of machine werk done...well thats all for now
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I always wanted to go to a roller but just never did...
Bet that's gonna have a real nice thump to it. :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4