67 F100 swb

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

the elder rocker

67 F100 swb

Post by the elder rocker »

Coming along.
I moved to here from the Welcome mat. Seemed the thing to do.
Sunday I managed to complete the wiring harness swap from the parts truck. Yes, it was a can of worms! Now I have dome light that comes on when you open the doors and full gauges! We'll see if they function correctly but all lights, horn and such work so I'm counting this in the Victory column!
the elder rocker

Re: 67 F100 swb

I lied. I replaced all the under dash harness and the pass. side underhood harness. Had to do some cleaning up on the donor harness and replace the pass. car alternator brackets with proper truck brackets and found bad volt. regulator, horn relay and flasher in the donor harness but sorted them one at a time and it's good to go. Good to have 2 trucks to consolidate parts! At least it didn't sizzle, spark and burn to the ground! Just hate mission creep! Next up- heater core! Yay!
Mike burgess
Albert, KS
the elder rocker

Here's the as hauled in shot.

Tidied up a bit.
67Step4WD

Post by 67Step4WD »

Great truck! I'm in the middle of a SWB 4WD and I may end up with extra parts so I'll follow this and donate where I can!
67 F100 SWB 4WD Custom Cab (In Progress)
1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible
1972 Fiat Spider
1963 MGA
1966 Chevy G10 NoDoor LS Swap
2006 Buell 900 Wide Rear, Chain Drive Short Track Geared
2013 Audi S4 Tuned
1965 Sunbeam Tiger
Way too many other projects.....

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -Thomas Edison
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Manny »

From another 67' owner very nice little short box!! :thup:
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

You have made some good progress on the truck! Electrical work and gremlins can sometime be very frustrating! Looking forward to seeing more progress on your truck.
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
the elder rocker

Thanks fellows-
Parts truck heater core was puka. New one on order. Very reasonable from Napa. Ditto on heater valve. Moving on to the WS washer system, all very reasonable. Tested the electrical portion of that show and it lit the test light! Working WS washers- very uptown! The parts truck even had dual horns! Harness was good so now I've got hi/lo on the red one! I'm so easily amused! Still have to locate some Ranger trim pieces, keeping my eye out for a trash trailer in an alley. There has to be one out there that can spare some bling! The things we do for old cars.
Have the steering wheel in for crack repair. Trying something new for me. I've always used epoxy to fill the cracks but this time I'm trying JB Kwik. Seems to fill easier and sets very quickly. Rustoleum cranberry is a good match to the wheel and column. I could only find it in satin but a shot of clear over that should cut the trick to shine it up. Did a 2-owner original '52 Chevy last year so I'm used to the idea of column/wheel being a different color from the interior. (Which was different from the green exterior on the Chev!)
Front and rear glass rubbers are shot- good reason to change over to the Ranger ones with the stainless trim from the parts truck, yes? (And the snowball keeps growing!!!) :doh: On that line-- wouldn't a wood bed floor look great in a SWB?!? Cripes, I need mental help! I have to stop this one at body work. The shops are full! Any one figure out how to eliminate that pesky gainful employment thing so you can get your old car stuff done? Clue me in!
Thanks again-
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Manny »

Well good news on the progress that's great. The snow ball deal there is no help for sorry, and for the employment thing taking up time....... Well still waiting on the awnser. :bdh:
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).
the elder rocker

Hi Folks-
Time change and it was cold so Sunday wasn't as productive as I would have liked. Did manage to replace the heater core and heater shut off. Of course, when I went to open the petcock on the bottom of the radiator the fitting twisted out of the rad. tank! Joy! Had to remove the radiator. Twisted off two of the clip nuts. Joy! Couldn't reach one behind the grill to cut it off until I fished the cutoff wheel behind the grill then attached it to the die grinder. Joy! Scarred the grill a tiny bit but got it sorted. Silver soldered the petcock into the rad tank and then I could get on with dropping the heater box. Joy! Went to start the truck to burp the coolant and it wouldn't run. Joy! Fuel pump is puka. Joy! I know all this is de rigueur for a 50 year old vehicle with lots of deferred maintainance but jeepers! It'd be great if something went straightforward and simple! Maybe I just get crankier when it gets colder? :cuss:
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Relax, you’re doing fine. It’s the weather! :lol:

When everything is going bad luck, you gotta walk away and take a break. Don’t piss off your truck. :lol:
the elder rocker

Hi Folks-
Another sort of busy Sunday. After chasing around to try to locate the deer hunters who illegaly put up a ground blind on my property (rat bastages- it gets worse every year :cuss: ) I got around to tinkering on the '67. Defroster ducts, ashtray, glovebox w/ hazard switch and door jamb switch wiring are in place. Steering wheel cracks are fixed and painted. Used Rustoleum 2x claret wine rattle can. Very close to the original dark red but in a satin. I'll look at it compared to the column and clear it if more gloss is in order. Underhood it got the oil filter pedestal from the 352 parts truck so I can use a long filter, fresh oil and a new fuel pump. After having to pop the top off of the carb (again!) to ease a balky float it ran well and smoothly. Newer full gauge cluster is showing terrific oil pressure and the charge gauge moves a little. Temp gauge is working fine as well. A few gains! Couple of losses, though. the dang blower fan doesn't work now. Gotta be something simple, but I was sure looking to feel the hot air blow from that new heater core and valve put in last week. The fuel gauge is on the fritz as well. Oh well, fiddle, fiddle. Ordered new jamb switches and some odd bits to be ready for next week.
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS
the elder rocker

Coming along. New windshield, rubber and trim, new fender and some shiny bits.
Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Bullitt74 »

Enjoying this thread, both for its content and how you write! Keep it coming!
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

I wish I could make the progress you are sir! You have a good looking truck there. Did you look at the blower fan resistor? I know they go bad so you could grab the one from the parts truck? :thup:
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs
the elder rocker

Thanks for the positive feedback fellows. The fan loss turned out to be a ground fault. Fixed it no sweat. the fuel gauge is working now- the parts truck had a plastic float! I'd already bought a brass one new and it split and failed. GRRR! :cuss: Next worst panel on the truck is the tailgate. Found a fair deal on CL. The guy is from this area and some folks I work with know him so it's a done deal when he gets this way next time. Lots of perks working at a dealership! Notice I don't say "car" dealership! this stuff I sell isn't cars anymore. They are rolling cell phone support systems. PFFFT! Can't even buy a 1/2 ton with a stick shift anymore! Double PFFFT!
Beware! Glass shops that you've known forever become far less than amused when you book in an old truck with a rubber AND TRIM! They don't want to fight them anymore! They want computers on tires with stick-on glass! What's an old car lover to do? I fear for the smart kids who want to have some old, cool stuff to drive.
I think the last missing part is the "D" for the hood. Got one at the local salvage and just waiting for him to drop it off. Might have to call and remind him- it's been a month or so! From here it's replacing the worst bits to improve as I go. It's about time for the shakedown process- driving around the mile section a few times and seeing if I make it back without anything falling off! After that it's bodywork. That'll be a while- I have a few stalled projects that come first in that area and they are clogging the shop! I do like to take a break from finiky, fiddly sports cars to hammer away on an old truck outside! Back to my roots- wrenching under a tree and sliding on cardboard! Makes me feel like a kid again! But with air tools! BONUS!!!

Mike Burgess
Albert, KS