My bad Luck

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

windhamdw

My bad Luck

Post by windhamdw »

Took the truck out for a drive yesterday and it started missing, took the valve cover off and found this. :cuss: :cuss: Darn truck, now i have to find time and figure out how to fix it. :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: My bad Luck

Post by eggman918 »

The FIRST thing for me would be WHY it happened.............THEN how I'm gonna fix it :hmm:
I spent my working life as a machinist in the industrial repair business and the first step is to do the postmortem so it does not repeat the failure :2cents:
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

:yt:

If you don't take the time to figure out why it happened it may repeat itself on one of the other ones...... :eek:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
farmallmta

Time to cheer you up with a story of REAL bad luck

Post by farmallmta »

That ain't nothin'.

Back in the '40's, '50's and '60's a used car dealer in Austin, TX named Earl Eastburn ran a lot named "Earl's Pearls". His initially gorgeous wife was notorious for becoming severely ill-tempered. At a young age she became wheelchair bound and then required full-time attention and care. Needless to say, her looks quickly faded to reflect her dark soul. She'd swear at him, throw things at him, even shot at him a couple of times. As true bad luck would have it, she even outlived him.

Gotta love the poetic justice, though, of a used car dealer--of all people--marrying a beautiful woman who quickly turned out to be a horrid harridan. I reckon he thought she was only 25 when he married her, but she was really 55 with a 30 year odometer rollback :evil:

Better now?
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cep62 »

I'd check for coil spring bind , or worst case scenario the retainer came in contact with the guide.
Are you running a high lift cam with stock springs?
daveford72

Post by daveford72 »

My 351 Windsor had that happen 2x's on the same one. :( I talked to a guy that only does ford engines, and said to use heavier stud. The Windsor studs on my heads were too small at the top. I put a bigger on in an no problem as of yet :pray: BTW my philosophy is this " I don't expected anything to work..... I'm happy if it does!!! " :lol: