lawsuit??????

General Discussion Topic Archives
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: lawsuit??????

Post by ToughOldFord »

Many years back some stoned out gal rear ended my dad when he was in a '63 Fury he had back then. Her car was pretty much done for, my dad's car needed $150 dollars worth of body and bumper work and a new tail light.
There are endless such stories, but you never hear anyone say "I'm sure glad I was in a Metro when they hit me"

:evil:
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

man - i LOVE democracy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

I feel safer in my '72 because I think it will take a crash better, but I am also a lot more careful because I am aware that it doesn't brake or corner as well.
A bonus to driving an old truck like ours is (around here anyway) many people will yield that might not have otherwise, suspecting they may lose in a collision.
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

mm wrote--" suspecting they may lose in a collision."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course they'll lose- if u were on a motorcycle they'd go ahead and pull out
Last edited by binder56jd on Thu May 04, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

My wife was riding in her sister's '74 f-100 in Las Vegas once.
They were going up a 4 lane road, with the far right lane a turn only lane. Traffic was stopped in the left 3 lanes for a red light. the S-I-L was doing about 40 in the right lane, when a newer Mercedes decided to cut thru the stopped traffic to make a left turn.
Hit the old Ford smack in the left front wheel and pushed the truck, at 40 MPH, into a tree at the corner of the intersection.
Shortened the truck almost 18 inches right at the centerline of the hood. My S-I-L had her seatbelt on but still hit the steering wheel with her face. My wife, not wearing her seatbelt, bounced around inside the truck, managing to dent the (metal) dash and break the windshield.
25 minutes in the emergency room, and they both walked away with NOTHING but bumps and bruises.
Even the insurance investigator and the officer (who saw the accident!) were amazed they got off so lightly. Totalled the truck, but I got a lot of good parts off it still.
I'll take a large older car/truck any day for safety, but I do like the handling/comfort of the newer stuff.
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!