SEAT!!!

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

squadsgreat

SEAT!!!

Post by squadsgreat »

As you may already know, I acquired a "new" '69 F-100 Custom Cab about a week ago. I just want to get to drive it soon. The seat has had it!! Almost undrivable BECAUSE of the condition of the seat. Do I search for a new seat or have the original redone? I am dying to drive my "new" truck once or twice a week like it's previous owner but all of the foam and covering are gone from the seat. The springs on the drivers side are not in too good of shape either. Any advice would be appreciated.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: SEAT!!!

Post by FORDification »

As long as your old seat has had it, why not upgrade with a newer factory split bench or even buckets? Check out this link:

http://www.fordification.com/seats.htm
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
OldBlue67
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by OldBlue67 »

I would say go look for a new one... well a "new" one like a differant one. If the springs are shot on the drivers side, my guess is that by the time you have the thing totally redone (which I'm sure will take a while) you could have found a replacement been driving your truck and still saved yourself some cash.
~Liz
Old Blue Truck is Old and Blue
Ugly as sin but dont get in my way VA-ROOOOOOMMMMM!! :evil: :evil:
NM5K
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by NM5K »

It can be fixed up good enough to drive, but if the springs are shot, getting another one would be the best idea. I had that problem with my 68. The drivers side was sunk in so far, it could probably swallow you up after a while.... :eek: What I did as a temp solution was to fill in the sunken hole with a pillow and some foam. :lol: Then I added a cover on top of that. Not the greatest fix, but 4 years later, I'm still sitting on it...I'd like to get a newer seat that includes a console. Or maybe even buckets and a console. I once had blazer buckets an console in a 72 chevy stepside. Probably my favorite seating setup out of the trucks I've had. I think up to 1997?? seats will fit any of the older trucks with minor mounting adjustments.. MK
1968 F-250 / 300 six / T-18
Dana 60 - 4.10 Limited Slip