F600 Gauge Panel Question

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

f100ranger1969

F600 Gauge Panel Question

Post by f100ranger1969 »

Hey guys been throwing around the idea of using an F600 panel. I just found one on eBay but its got a few days to go so I asked the guy what its condition really is. He replied that it is rusty in some areas, but the black paint is good. In the pic it looks good but its not a close up. I'd paint the black anyway if it was bad. But I was wondering, isnt this panel made out of all metal, and chrome plated? He describes it as in "very good condition", if this is the case and the rust isnt too bad I would assume it could be polished. Anyone else have this experience with these panels???

A coupe posts down I see someone is going to use auto meter gauges. I'd probably also do the same.

Later
Jeff
'69 Calif Ranger in PA, 2001 GMC Sierra SL 4x4
-----------
Liar, Lawyer, Mirror show me, Whats the difference?
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: F600 Gauge Panel Question

Post by willowbilly3 »

The earlier ones are painted and the later ones are chrome. The chrome tends to be real thin and almost every chrome one I find is rusty. I actually like the subtle differences in the painted ones better, the way the wiper switch mounts for one thing, I think the earlier ones don't have that. I also had one of the earlier ones that had a little toggle to blink the cab lights. I think this was for signaling passing trucks it was OK to pull back in.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.