bedline interior?

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

mont974x4

bedline interior?

Post by mont974x4 »

I know a guy that shot his whole cab inside with herculiner. It would certainly make cleanup easier after camping or hunting or just playing in the mud.
Jay
72 F-100 4x4
97 F-150 SCAB 4x4
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: bedline interior?

Post by FORDification »

Yep, I've heard of people doing this too, and it's a great idea! It would virtually eliminate future front floorpan rust caused by leaky windshield or firewall seals. I'm considering using something like that on mine as well....though I might just be sticking with several good coats of POR-15 instead, since it's something I can take care of myself in the shop.

I saw a truck on one of the other Ford forums about a year ago where the owner actually coated the OUTSIDE of all his body panels with bedliner too. It was for a mostly-offroad rig, and I thought it actually looked kinda neat. The textured surface gave it a really rugged look, and you can bet he wasn't too worried about scratching the paint out on the trails.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

I did the inside of my cab in Herculiner. I like it although I intend to cover it with carpet one of these days. Here's what it looks like:

http://home.comcast.net/~oiga/67-8.html

jor
Ford390pwr

Re: re: bedline interior?

Post by Ford390pwr »

jor wrote:I did the inside of my cab in Herculiner. I like it although I intend to cover it with carpet one of these days. Here's what it looks like:

http://home.comcast.net/~oiga/67-8.html

jor
I think this is a great idea, and I was considering doing this to my rig too. I was thinking it would help cut down on road noise a little while making the floor so that it would never rust again!

So do you notice any reduction in road noise at all? Is this something you just take to that rhinolining place, or is it a do it yourself kit? saw one at the Auto Parts store by Dupont that is a rollon bedlinner kit.
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

It definitely has some noise reduction quality. I used the roll/brush on Herculiner product that is available at Autozone. I used a gallon to do two coats. I think it's 80 bucks or so a gallon. Word of advice: long sleves and a hat - that stuff is almost impossible to get off.

I also did the underside of my fenders with this stuff and it came out well too. I don't know... maybe it's addictive as I did the inside of my toolbox too. Wonder how it would look on the bathroom floor?
jor
prostreetf100

Post by prostreetf100 »

my buddy that owns a body shop does spray in liners so i had him do the inside of my cab also. the floor will be covered in carpet but i did it for noise and rustproofing also.
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I am kind of reluctant to even use it in the bed thinking I might be the guy who has to sand it off someday. :eek:
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Ford390pwr

Re: re: bedline interior?

Post by Ford390pwr »

willowbilly3 wrote:I am kind of reluctant to even use it in the bed thinking I might be the guy who has to sand it off someday. :eek:
This is why i want to go with something that i will never have to remove or redo!