Carpet color

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Carpet color

Post by dotcentral »

What color would my carpet have been if it was installed at the factory with carpet. 1970 sport custom, boxwood green and new lime. Cab sheet metal is new lime. all the plastic, vinyl, etc is green.

Green? Black? Something else? Floor mat is the original black with flecktone looking piece.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Carpet color

Post by FORDification »

The '70-'72 factory brochures simply state that the carpet (if so equipped) was "color-keyed wall-to-wall", which usually means it matches the interior color....and that it was only available on Ranger XLT models. The '67-'69 Rangers could come with "wall-to-wall carpeting", but it doesn't mention anything about color....but the picture of the Ranger interior in the '68 factory brochure shows red carpeting to match the red doorpanels, seat, steering wheel, etc., so I'm guessing the term "color-keyed" would also apply here.

However, the few trucks I've seen that had carpet always have black. I don't think I've ever even see a truck that had any carpet that WASN'T black, but of course I don't know if it was factory or owner-added.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

You've seen my post about carpet, so I'd probably want the kick panels to be the same color to match. Maybe I need to photoshop an interior picture and see what looks good.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

If it was an XLT it would of had green carpet.