speaker dalima

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

phatboy1024

speaker dalima

Post by phatboy1024 »

.My 67 pickup has the factory in cab tank.I was wandering if anyone knew how to put some fair sized subwoofer in it and be out of the way
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: speaker dalima

Post by cobraF100 »

Does your Truck have a floor shifter?

If not then you could build a Center Console and put one in there.
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
phatboy1024

Post by phatboy1024 »

My truck doesn't have a floor shifter and I had thought about that,but I drive it quite often and I have two kids in car seats.I was afraid the console would get in the way.
I have a 78 F100 parts truck with a tank mounted under the bed.I have thougt about swaping tanks and solving the prpblem that way.The only thing is fixing the hole where the fill tube was.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Unfortunately, using the rear tank from the '78 won't work. The rear frame on the '78 is wider, meaning the tank is wider....so it won't fit under your '67. You'd have to find an auxiliary tank setup from the '67-'72 era and use it as a primary tank.

Ford had an auxliary tank setup which sat inside the frame on the driver's side. Or, as a dealer-installed option, you could get outside-the-frame add-on tanks for either or both sides. Either of these options would allow you to remove your in-cab tank.

There is one other option, if you're looking for factory parts. The '73-up highboys didn't have the wider rear frame like the standard pickups...it's spacing is identical to our 2WDs. If you could find a highboy auxiliary tank setup, which places the tank between the rear frame rails at the back, that would fit just right. But they're kinda rare, so don't hold your breath trying to locate one of these. There was a setup on E-bay a little while ago....I was going to snipe the auction towards the end, but the seller pulled the auction with 30 SECONDS left! :x
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!