Mechcanical Gages

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Jimbo

Mechcanical Gages

Post by Jimbo »

I am not sure if this is the right area to ask this question. I have mechanical gages that I would like to hook up inside the cab. How do I go about doing this. I have a 69 F=100 Custom Cab. The gages are Oil. Amp, and water temp. Thank you for any information that you can pass along. Jimbo
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Mechcanical Gages

Post by FORDification »

You're actually pretty limited as to where to mount gauges. Using the standard underdash 3-gauge panel is about your only option, since there really isn't any other place to mount them. I've seen people who have removed the radio, fabricated a flat panel across the front of the radio bezel and mounted two gauges there. Depending on which instrument panel bezel you have (steel vs. plastic) you could mount one gauge on each side of the bezel, like this:

This method doesn't work with the plastic bezels though. It's not flat enough on the backside.

Another option is to get an aftermarket instrument panel from Haneline, Doc's House of Bolts , or Kustom Components. If you prefer the Ford look to the billet look, try to pick up an F-600 instrument panel:

While the stock gauges aren't the most accurate, you could always install aftermarket gauges in this panel.

:2cents:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!