carpet

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

1968_ONEHUN

carpet

Post by 1968_ONEHUN »

has anyone ever tried fitting carpet from a 73-79 f-100 into a 67-72? If so,how's the fit?The local pick a part has a few 73-79's with carpet,but nothing early like my 68.
1968 F-100 Custom Cab
300 6cyl 4spd

If it ain't broke,what the hell, fix it anyways !
NM5K
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: carpet

Post by NM5K »

Not sure, but I would think it's pretty close. Probably good enuff for gov work anyway...I don't remember the floor layout of my friends 74 as really being any different than my 68. Well, other than my f-250 tranny access cover and floor shift...The dash is the main difference I saw. I'm sure someone should know for sure though...MK
1968 F-250 / 300 six / T-18
Dana 60 - 4.10 Limited Slip
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I think it will be real close as long as it is the same hump as yours. 4 speed trucks have a taller center hump and I suppose all 4x4s have the tall hump too but I am not posative.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

The member with the bumpsides.com site put a 73-79 carpet in his truck. I can't remember his user name. Check out his site, looking at his project pages.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

there are 5" and 8" humps for the floor mats i've looked at ....which one works for a c6?
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I think all the automatics and the 3 speed manual used the low hump, if that's what the truck came with.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

On the hump issue.. What about the highboys? Seems to me a taller hump would not be needed with a 4" lift. But I really don't know.
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

The highboys still have the high hump. The lift is on the suspension, not the body.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

D'oh, yeah :roll:
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

My 72 was made in sept 72 the last one off the assembly line for a camper special it has the 8" hump with the panel bolted in but was issued the C-6 so it can take the toploder or auto without cutting the hump, kinda unusal for a truck?? must have used whatever they had laying around to put out the last few before 73 started running they also used the 73 dana 60 rearend manufactoring dated in this truck and all parts are orginal from assembly line to dealers lot thats my 2. worth. But raises a question when you order carpet for a truck w/a toploader does the carpet come uncut on the tranny hump for the 8" setup? Tim P.
Ford Is The Mountain That The Rock fell Off Of.

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.8 Heavy Duty 4EOD
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

My 72 was built in August and has a few 73 parts. Sep.t is really late but not unusual at a model change I guess. I don't remember ever seeing a high hump automatic. Like you say, maybe they were just using things up toward the end.
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

Yea its really hard to say what ford did on any giving day every truck has its own personality that makes it alittle different from another truck im the third owner and the word is ,that it was a demo at the dealer and sold in mid 73 the first owner had a camper installed on it i even have the orginal ford issue or dealer issue tire chains with it and the ford issue west coast mirrors on it and it was sold in Sanjose and the owner lived in northern CA. So does the carpet come uncut at the hump or is it precut for the floor shifter when ording for the high hump anybody know?

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
NM5K
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by NM5K »

Most carpets don't have the shifter holes precut. You cut them out to fit your setup. I'm not totally sure on this, but I don't think the low hump trucks have the bolted access cover. They just have a solid floor hump, like a car. Or at least, I don't remember seeing one. The high humps have the bolted tranny access cover. So if this is correct, that would be a easy way to tell which type. I think only 4 speeds and 4x4's had the tall humps. Naturally, with my T-18, I have the bolted high hump.
I sure do like it too...I like the extra tranny access...I also prefer a floor shift over a column...The only drawback is very little hump room for my radios, etc... :cry: That shifter is in the way...Also seating a middle passenger is not the most comfortable with the floor shift...I'll almost be whacking their knees when I hit 2nd and 4th... :lol: But I like the lack of the eventual jamming column shift troubles, and the floor shift just feels sportier... 8) MK
1968 F-250 / 300 six / T-18
Dana 60 - 4.10 Limited Slip
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

Well I guess the only one that should be sitting in the middle is your Ladie you can influence her comfort zone :evil: