reproduction standard instrument panel

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

reproduction standard instrument panel

Post by BigRedTruck »

I may need a new instrument panel cause most of the plastic is getting old and brittle...no place seems to have the standard one like i have though. :cry: I also need to find a new stock floor mat ....copy i mean. lmc has some but they are of a different design. is there anyplace that might carry all reproduction parts? I have tried dennis-carpenter but have found better prices at other places. they just are not like the originals. I figured that since the seat is coming out to replace the floor pan I might as well replace the mat. another thing...the mat seems to be sewn to a piece of fabric that comes down behind pedals. I believe it is the darker area in this photo http://community.webshots.com/photo/145 ... 2304htvbfa . ..what is it?

thanks in advance
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
tcb1969

re: reproduction standard instrument panel

Post by tcb1969 »

I'm not trying to promote one company over another - but having dealt with dennis carpenter for years I can speak very highly of their quality. Yes - the prices are higher than anybody else. However, they have invested ALOT of money in original ford tooling - so in many cases you are actually buying real ford parts - not reproductions. There weatherstripping is (IMO) the best available. Some of there "reproduction" weatherstripping has improvements over factory stuff. They are now making (or soon will) instrument panels from ford factory tooling.

I bought a front cab mount from them for $80 - I compared it to a $30 repo I bought elsewhere and was ticked that I had wasted the $30!!

Now when it comes to parts that are made elsewhere - go for the best price - because they are all really the same thing. I don't think anyone except for carpenter actually makes what they sell.

Just my opinion!

John
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

I was on the Dennis Capenter site a couple of days ago and I note that he now has the instrument cluster factory tooled part. It looks great and I'm thinking it was a hundred bucks or so. The site seems to be down right now so I can't check. Just go to www.dennis-carpenter.com.
jor
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

thanks that looks like...well reads like it might be the right part....i really need a pic.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

....nope matched it to a part in my print catalog. mine does not have ford horizontally across it.

here is a pic of that rubber stitched fabric stuff behind the pedals

http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... at=0&pos=0
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

You're talking about the firewall cover. You're gonna find that these can be found at LMC, but only in a one-piece plastic cover, not like the original. And they're kinda pricey. I've decided to simply re-use my original, which is in pretty good shape, though not perfect, and will be using upholstery adhesive to cover it with carpeting to match the floor's.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

It isn't too hard to find a good used insterment housing, unless you are going for the total resto. I haven't put a repop floor mat in for a long time but they never fit perfect like the original. Even getting a N.O.S. one in with no bags or wrinkles is a chore. I wish someone would make the factory colored ones but black is it and those things smell!! The inside of your truck will smell like the back room at a tire store for about a year after you installl a new rubber mat.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.