Got the truck - now need seats, headliner, etc...

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

truckjunky87

Got the truck - now need seats, headliner, etc...

Post by truckjunky87 »

OK. I got the truck finally and now need to start fixing her up. The wife is already talking "money pit" and she is probably right but I need to get a bench seat for this thing that has some substance to it, it needs a headliner and a dash pad since mine is all cracked. My truck is a '69 F250 highboy. What is the best way to go about finding good stuff like this at a reasonable price?
-Braden Day
1969 Ford F-250 4x4 Highboy
1987 Chevy 4x4 1/2 ton
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Got the truck - now need seats, headliner, etc...

Post by flyboy2610 »

For the seats I would go to a junkyard. There is an article in the 'Technical papers' section on the home page which deals with swapping newer seats into these trucks.
For the dash pad and headliner, check out LMC Truck, Dennis Carpenter Reproductions, and that old standby JC Whitney.
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

If you take off that old cracked dash pad, you'll find a bright shiny metal dash underneath. You might like the look. Take a look at my gallery (jor). One of the photos shows the dash.

If you decide to do this, post and we'll give you some instructions and a couple of photos.

BTW, it is a money pit. Tell her, "TS, that's the way it goes. "
jor
bryantracing460

Post by bryantracing460 »

:yt: :D
Jeremy
Drive It Like You Stole It.........NO FEAR!
69 F-100 swb 2wd 460 C-6. 86 F-150 super cab 2wd 302 AOD.85 Bronco 4wd 300 AOD.
http://www.myspace.com/bryantracing460
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

My 69 came with one of those daeh covers. It isn't bad but sags a bit over the insterments. There are still a few good used ones around. Western Washington is a place where you can still find them, but even a decent used one will bring a buck and a half on ebay. I lucked out and found one here in a junk yard for $20. Must have been a truck that lived in a carport. I got hard up last spring and had to ebay further into my parts than I wanted and it went.
I have seen a couple pictures of professionally upolstered ones that looked real nice, with a sewn seam along the front edge.
If you have your headliner down it is a good time to inspect the cab for rust. It is a problem area on these trucks (ask Keith), and you might be able to thwart the rusted through drip rail by taking care of it before it is terminal.
$140 for a piece of cardboard? Yeowch!! I think I could do alot for that.

One years depreciation and interest on a new truck will put your truck in show consition, and you don't have to look out the window at a real money pit. Plus you get to drive something cool.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
truckjunky87

Post by truckjunky87 »

I pulled the dash pad off today and now I'm trying to get my back into postition. It doesn't look to bad without it. I'll probably try to re-upholster it my self and if it looks decent I'll put it back on. If not I'll leave it off. Now for a seat.
-Braden Day
1969 Ford F-250 4x4 Highboy
1987 Chevy 4x4 1/2 ton