Washer switch location?

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

fencelizard

Washer switch location?

Post by fencelizard »

Hi, I have a 1967 F100 with some seriously hacked wiring. I installed a new Kwik wire harness among other things... The washer motor is out and bench tested. Low speed is out, high speed is fine. I also want to replace the switch. I also ordered a new washer pump (Dead) and bag (Missing but rack is there)
I have a switch with 3 positions, Off-Low-High I assume.

How does the washer pump activate?

Can I incorporate it in a new type switch and if so which one?

can this motor handle an intermittent switch and if so what is needed?

Thanks
Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Washer switch location?

Post by Busboy »

You either push it or pull it.
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.
jimilivz

Post by jimilivz »

Had a similar problem on my 68. Po had removed the tank, washer and just cut the wires and left them hanging. It was the same idiot who cut sections out of the fender aprons to then destroy the exhaust manifolds and cylinder heads in his failed effort to repair exhaust leaks. Anyway, I was able to get a new tank and pump, splice into the wiring and get things right again. My washer comes on with a pull on the switch knob. Not sure if 67's did the same.

BTW, anyone else think there should be a special place in hell for all those hackers out there that ruin nice cars and trucks because their pride gets in the way of turning over the job to someone with skills? I say at least a year of shoveling coal in the main boiler room, with windows in it so they can see people driving by in the restored cars that they had previously hacked up. Hey, we can hope can't we?
68 F250 CS Ranger 390 C6
fencelizard

Post by fencelizard »

I have pulled and pushed with a fair amount of force and it doesn't move. I ordered a new switch so maybe that one will. I chose this truck because of the condition as I wanted to do a CV/Mark VIII swap. All that is complete and should be on the road in about a a week. The PO hacked every part of this truck from paint to tires but the frame was clean. I wasn't afraid of destroying a truck that was near death. Just a few more bugaboos and it's done, aside from paint. If it works well, that'll come next.
Gnick4

Post by Gnick4 »

The 67 you pull out the wiper switch. Mine did not work, took apart switch and when reassembled it worked. Not sure what the issue was but after 50 years, who knows.