SEAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

squadsgreat

SEAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by squadsgreat »

Hello...I got some estimates on a seat too! I called all the junkyards in town for a seat and they had none so... I called 3 or 4 places to recover (restore) my old broken down seat. The average was $400 on redoing the seat. Again I am in the Memphis TN area and any advice is appreciated.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: SEAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FORDification »

Holy cow....I think that's outrageous! I know a little bit about this because my dad's been running an upholstery shop since I was about 7. For a stock bench seat, it should cost but maybe HALF that to replace worn-out springs and cover with vinyl again. What kind of repairs does this seat need, and what kind of material(s) did you request? Heck, for that amount you can pick up a really nice split-bench or even bucket seat arrangement from a late-model Ford pickup and bolt it in, and be a LOT happier in the long run.

Have you seen this page yet?

http://www.fordification.com/seats.htm
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
custom68

Post by custom68 »

I had my seat redone a few months ago. I had everything replaced and recovered and it was only $200

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 Ford f100
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

It looks like a beautiful job on your seat, Steve. Any photos of it in the truck?
jor
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I had the front and rear done in my 64 for $350
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Faithful Old Road Dog
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Faithful Old Road Dog »

I priced out the work before and in my parts $400 is asking price. I took Keith's side and figured I'd rather spend the money on newer seats. But those seem harder to come by and fetch $250 and up. Some could even use a new cover. I'll deal with mine for now.
shrektruck

Post by shrektruck »

I had mine redone at the upholstery school for materials. They did a damn good job for 75 bucks. All new foam, vinyl and cloth inserts. Not show quality but then agaiin my ass ain't exactly show quality either so it's a good fit. I sold that F-250 but I'll take the seat for the hayride truck there. I'm leaning towards a late model split bench for the front of the shrektruck and covering the back to match.