sprocket things behind interior door handle

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

sprocket things behind interior door handle

Post by BigRedTruck »

I think thats where they were but i am at work and do not have them in front of me. They look like gears sort of. they are those things that you can only use once and they are flimsy....they feel like they are made of tin. anyway. I need to figure out the size and strength of these because i'll be needing to replace them soon once I get my door parts in.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: sprocket things behind interior door handle

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Hey Big

This gear looking thing is that what rolls your window up and down , if so that is the window regulator .

Will proably be getting up your way soon lubbock is in my territory and its a 2 nite out trip . I'll send you a PM when I get up that way and maybe we can grab a Pizza and have a mini meet and greet , of course I wont be in the 6mine9 but it is blue oval .

the window regulator can be found in salvage yards but usually are in poor shape as well just as well off to order oem replica part

let us know how it comes out

Tony B
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

thanks, i've had those regulators replaced funny thing too, dennis carpenter is about to start making them again...119...too rich for me. this thing is part of the handle, I think it goes between the door panel and the handle mechanism. there are two of them and I think they go on those two bolts that the handle fits on. its been awhile since i did it but it seems like they make direct contact with the door panel. there may have been something over them. I have the parts set aside out in the garage but it been so long....something mechanical always comes up and i forget about it.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

what about the replacement ones in lmc for like 105 that are electric?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Are you talking about the nuts with the star-lookin washer attatched to the back of it that attatches the door handle on the interior to the studs? :hmm:
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

thats them I don't know how they are rated or sizing ....and you can use them only once...
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6

460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Iv'e used mine over and over and the handles never come loose. They seem like a type of lock washer that when crushed down digs into the metal a little and keeps things snug.
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179