Ramcoa HP8359 Radius rod bushings.

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

MadMike

Ramcoa HP8359 Radius rod bushings.

Post by MadMike »

Has anyone used the blue thermoplastic bushings with the black plastic washer/cup?
Moog K8006 is probably what it is more popularly known as. Mevotech is good at reboxing as well, but for a much more modest(half of moog) cost.

My understanding is the plastic ring has the cupped side go over the swage/swedged portion of the radius rod bracket. But I thought the radius rod bracekt on the '70 F-250(2wd) was cast steel, not a stamping, thus no swedge. So what side does the cup go on? And then which of the bushings mounts with the plastic ring? Large or small? Bushings on the '70 F-250 are completely shot, there are just rings of cracked 'rubber' with no discernible size differences from dry rot.

I'll see if I can locate or contact an engineer or tech support at Ramcoa or Moog for an answer. But if a member has experience with these bushings any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Michael
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Ramcoa HP8359 Radius rod bushings.

Post by sargentrs »

Here's how my Energy Suspension bushings were installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

I saw your post/thread before, however the Ramcoa HP8359 kit(Moog K80006) uses the two different sized conical bushes.

I *think* the larger conical bushing is mounted between the radius cupped washer and frame bracket on the forward/leading side, with the plastic washer and smaller conical bush on the rear side with the flat washer and castle nut. However Moogs own YT vid shows the bushings in either position. :?
-Michael
71PA_Highboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 71PA_Highboy »

Larger bushings forward.

Big washer/cup, black locator, big clue busing, frame, small blue bushing, small washer, nut
Got Ford?
2 EarlyBroncos (68,69)
2 Classic Mustangs (69,70)
1 F250 4x4 (71) - OB - 360, NP435, D24, HPD60 4.10, D60,
1 94 Ranger, 2.3, 5spd
1 Lincoln Mark VIII
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

Current issue is the smaller OD for both bushings is too large to fit into the ID of the cast steel bracket. I'm guessing this part is listed incorrectly for the year and is for the later stamped steel RR brackets found on 80's F series and not the 60's-70's cast steel RR bracket trucks.

I wanted these bushings as they are noted for being heat resistant.

Called Moog, maybe not the right number, as they didn't seem to know anything.
Called Ramcoa and was told they would call me back after being told 'it's not a good time' :? . Hoping this pans out, but it's Friday.

Going to look for a different MOOG number to call and hopefully can find someone who knows what I'm talking about.
-Michael
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

Found a different MOOG number to call.
Got Moses on the horn, could hear him gently turning the pages, reading the scripture in the book of Moog.
" '70 250... Regular cab or crew... that shouldn't matter on this truck... K8triplezero6... that's for the new body trucks in '80. You need K8triplezero4."

Moses has spoken.

Moog online catalog and henceforth everything else that references it is wrong.

K80004 for the pre 80 trucks.
K80006 for the 80-up trucks.
-Michael
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

Ordered up the parts from the local O Reilly's.
Picked up the bushings, although ordered up Moog K80004 a Master Pro box showed up, inside were a pair of Ramcoa bushings...
,___,
{O,o}
|)``)
O RLY?

HP8146 was on the bushings and they fit fine. Not the blue thermoplastic deals, but by now neither the owner or myself could any longer give a flying flute.

Trucks back together, suspension is nice and tight, no more lane changes when hitting a bump in the road. I'll have to recheck this, but the toe seemed to be spot on. Amazing. The lower kingpins on both sides are definitely shot though... wah.

Only question I have is about two shims on the driver side under the spring perch and none on the passenger side. Should there be a shim under each lower spring cup? The springs themselves appear to be newer/replacements. They are filthy but a quick wipe shows black paint.
-Michael