Hello from Albuquerque

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

Steevil523

Hello from Albuquerque

Post by Steevil523 »

Hmm this page didnt work, and now all of a sudden it does. I've always wanted to build my own vehicle. Between circumstance, necessity and preference, it turns out to be Ford truck. Ford makes some damn good trucks. There seems to be good aftermarket support. So I have a 1980 F150 that had three on the tree. Now it has a T19 floor shift. I just bought a 2001 Explore with a 5.0, its all wheel drive, and I fully intend to gut it and stuff the engine and as many other things as I can think of into the truck. The truck is ugly, 400 dollars worth of ugly. The original 302 is worn out but still gets me on runs to the dump, junk yard, or the hardware store as needed. The cab is in good shape but all rubber gaskets need replaced and it has minor rot where you would expect to find it down around the rockers. And like every other windshield in this state, it has cracks. It's been through hell and looks it, but its been reliable for me going on 5 years now, including a 70 mile a day commute for a year. No. it's not much at all. But it fits me like an old pair of good bluejeans, so I don't really know how far to take it. At the very least the plan is to put the fuel injected 5.0 out of the explorer under the hood, hopefully with the T19 still installed (planned use is to haul a large heavy sailboat), and have all the operating parts reliable and in spec. See how it goes........ :wink:
lennyp
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: Hello from Albuquerque

Post by lennyp »

:wel: from Massachusetts.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Hello from Albuquerque

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Steevil, :wel: the best site period.