Been awhile gentlemen

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

68f250camperspecial

Been awhile gentlemen

Post by 68f250camperspecial »

First thanks to the folks that have to weed through registrations. The resulting forum quality makes your job well worth some gratitude. Thanks.

Last time I joined I was in elcajon socal stripping a 79 f350 supercab (460c6 2wd) carcass for its 8100lb front disc suspension and 3.55 rear d60 for my 68 f250 camper special.

Drove my 68 up 66 moving to IL, where it sat, drove, and sat, aquired 89 f450 460efi/zf5, sat, with engine in bed, sat some more before I finally gave up on my turbo buicks desire to slaughter transaxles and put the truck in the garage.

Original 390/np435 got donated to a 63 falcon gasser project, new 460 n zf5 are sorta in.

Mech clutch linkage retained, L&L 460 mount stands, made my own crossmember

Two hx40s mock me from the bed as I now navigate finding a 1410 to 1330 u joint.

I look forward to helping future dudes with zf5 swap info.

Regards, James
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Been awhile gentlemen

Post by dolinick »

Sir, I sometimes don't come here for months or years. My current bump that I have owned around 3 years is a 1968 F500 300 inline six
4 speed manual. It sat for about 1 year until last summer when I replaced the water pump. My daily driver broke down a few weeks ago
and I ended up driving the F500 to work. The points distributor broke again on my way home so I stole the electronic ignition distributor
from an engine that was being stored in the back of my F500. I stole the Duraspark module from the fender of my 1983 F100. I converted
it from points for electronic ignition on the side of the road where she broke down. But I installed the spark plugs in reverse order and she
ran so bad we had her towed the 16 miles home. But yesterday I sorted out the spark plug wires and she is running pretty good again.

I need to setup a temporary fuel tank until I can get the tank in the cab cleaned or replaced. My fuel pick-up keeps getting clogged up.
It's fun to drive. I can go about 18 miles per hour in fourth gear. I think the sweet spot might be about 40 mph. I don't have a tachometer
but I wonder what rpm is at 50 mph in top gear. The 1983 F100 has a 3 speed column shift.

I am living and working in the South Texas oilfield now. :drive:
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck