Some body work pics, note the shaved rail.

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Some body work pics, note the shaved rail.

Post by FoMoCo »

Back from school and only one more semester to go. Then I can finally have some time to work on my 67. Here's some pics of what I've been doing. The paint is PPG Concept (4289) The engine is in need of big time tuning. I plan on leaving the wheels in the grey epoxy primer w/o caps. The pic of the rear fender was an unwelcome surprize, honestly I had no idea it was bondo'd. Also note the use of a Ford Econoline bumper with factory spoiler.
Nick
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Some body work pics, note the shaved rail.

Post by FORDification »

That's looking pretty darned good!

So did you to the painting yourself? How did you paint the area under the cowl panel vents?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoMoCo »

Thank you. I did do the painting myself. Im not sure how anybody could paint under the cowl vents. Im just happy that I ended up with no runs, dry spots, or dirt in the paint. I think the only way to paint under the cowl vent would be to pour paint in the vent and let it run down to each end.

Nick
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, I'm thinking that you could get a wand attachment for your spray gun which you'd insert through that little rubber plug directly in the middle and below the cowl vents. I haven't looked into this yet, but I'm assuming that's how the pros reach areas inaccessible with a regular spray gun.

I sandblasted the area under those cowl vents, so I'm gonna HAVE to find a way of spraying that area. :hmm:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
shrektruck

Post by shrektruck »

Nick that looks great. Did you shave that drip rail? I was thinking I'd do that to the shrektruck when ever I get round to diong the paint. I'll probably practice first on the hayride truck. Anything special I need to know?
Thanks,
Matt
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

The econoline bumper is a good idea. What years fit, the 73 to whatever year it was they redesigned them?
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!