Thinking of buying '69 F250 4x4 ... wadya think

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

So let me get this straight; You're on a website called FORDification where we talk about Ford trucks and you're asking us if you should give up on Chevy and buy a Ford?
Welcome from NY. Good luck with the truck. Post pics!
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

Alright...where are the pics man? Pics!

Oh yeah, a belated Welcome to you Sir.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
lbhgti

re: Thinking of buying '69 F250 4x4 ... wadya think

Post by lbhgti »

Sorry guys....been busy workin' on the new truck. Its not the one I had my mind set on, but it worked out well. The guy with the 69 F250 showed up at the shop with some stupid 37" humvee surpluss tires on it and a 4x4 block of wood between the front axle and the frame and said "Its all ready, all you've got to do to it is....and he proceeded to go down the list. Needless to say, I told him to go pound sand. I ended up with (don't get mad) a 73 CHEVY C20. I paid $1000 for the truck, dumped the TH350 trans, bought a TH400 core trans for $150 and went through it, then yanked the motor and did a proper rebuild with a mild cam, headers, edelbrock intake and a holley 780, picked up a set of 35 inch mickey thomsons on a nice set of rims, and I've got a solid, decent looking, rust free truck. The Holley 780 is getting replaced by a 600 because I got about 8 mpg towing to the track this weekend. I ended up with a good truck with a fresh motor and a fresh trans for under $3000. Even though it isn't a ford, it tows good.....even drinks gas like an FE motor. Only problem is its painted kind of a purple?red metallic color....which I wouldn't mind so much except for when you open the door it smells like someone spilled a jug of Welch's grape juice inside, and so goes its new nickname: the grape. I'll still check out this site from time to time, as ther are a lot of good folks here, but I still don't own anything with a blue oval on it yet.