72 F250 Camper Special Question

General Discussion Topic Archives
bringetto

72 F250 Camper Special Question

Post by bringetto »

Hey, im new here, i wasnt sure where to put this but on my 72 camper special, ive got a toolbox in the bed on the passenger side, its at knee hight and is factory. My dad tells me that its rare and increases the value of the truck? Is this true? And any info on it will help, ill take some pics in a few mins. Gotta wait for the rain to stop.

Thanks
-Mike
bringetto

re: 72 F250 Camper Special Question

Post by bringetto »

bringetto

Post by bringetto »

Is this rare? thanks for any help on this
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Mike,I don't know how rare they are,but they certainly are desireable....I think most camper specials came with them,I've got one on my Explorer...I do not believe they came in the shortbed...BTW,nice looking truck as far as I can tell...Stop by the welcome mat,intro your self and post some more pics....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

Thanks, ill do that right now
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

Hello Mike, I will echo the previous statement that you have a fine looking machine there. I like those toolboxes too, I don't know how rare they are, you see them on lots of trucks (within this group) but they sure are useful.

Matt
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

Thanks Matt ( 2 forums im a contributor of has a really friendly matt, who knows)

I was wondering the value of my truck. Im not up to sell it today, but if i get the right price, ill let it go. I just dont need a truck, i dont have a use for it other than my bike, and it can fit in the trunk of my taurus.
Here are some pics, its got 143K miles
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=10001

And is it possible to backsearch previous owners? The owner of the truck before me is my feiance's (SP?) uncle and he doesnt remember who he got it from. My dad thinks it might be my uncle because he had an old camper special and he always dealt with SUN for his racecar and this truck has all sunpro gauges. Any info is appreciated.
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

Hello again. From what I can see, you have a truck that is in generally excellent condition (interior needs a little work :lol: ). It has a 360, power steering and power brakes but no AC. A value increaser/decreaser is rust, (these trucks seem to get it in the cab mounts, hood hinges, door sills and lower fenders) but from what I can see yours doesn't have much rust, if any. I have been watching EBay for over a year now, looking at and for trucks just like yours. (Yes, my Little Secret is I don't even HAVE an old Ford truck-yet-but I am working as hard as I can to remedy that gross injustice in my life). I have seen them sell for as little as $2500.00 and for as much as $7500.00. Usually the best deals are on trucks a long ways away from me (Murphys Law) so I can either get a dually and a car hauler trailer and go get them (hideously expensive) or roll my dice that the truck will make it the 1000+ miles to Texas (an unthinkable risk). I am looking at a great deal on a '72 Ranger XLT right now, hoping and praying it happens, but if it doesn't, I might be interested in your truck. Any idea how much you might want to get for it?

Matt
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

Oh and I forgot to say in my previous post, I think most DMVs will let you back search a vehicles history, usually for a fee. Or they used to back when I was young, it's a different world today and privacy issues are much more on peoples' minds. Anyway that is where I would start. You might get some interesting Google hits too, depending on what search words you use.

Ha! Got through this one with no parentheses :lol:
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

Ill do a $2200 for you for sure, ill fill both tanks too. lol

There isnt much rust, there is a little bit on where the old mirrors were removed, and they were left bare, and where the holes were drilled in the bed for the camper, but ill be fixing those, braze welding/bondo/painting so it not only looks better but it will be in better shape.

A guy came and looked at it and offered me $500

I told him that i can sell the bed for that much and he keeps bugging me thinking he is going to get it.

But if you want it, i guarentee it can make it the trip to texas. I drove it about a 200+ mile trip and had zero problems whatsoever.
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

oh ya, just make an offer on it, ill be fixing the turn signals pretty soon and fixing up the interior, getting the heater/blower to work properly, instead of blowing hot dust all the time :rollseyes:
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

Five hundred bucks!!! If ever a smack was needed...did he offer to kiss you too?

I'll have to see what shakes out on the '72 XLT before I can really talk turkey about a different deal. It's kind of a long story (gotta re-sell the bike to buy the truck, first buyer returned it) but I have an understanding with it's current owner that once I do that, I'll be buying his truck. Whatever unpleasant things may be honestly said about me, I am a man of my word. As I say though, if for whatever reason that doesn't happen (which will displease me mightily) I would be very interested in your truck. I would imagine any number of members here would.

Did you say you were in Fresno?
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

Yea, im in fresno/clovis area, 93612 area code.

Today im going to pick up some sandpaper, bondo, and primer and start on the body of the beast, where the old mirrors were there were some mighty marks left in it.
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

Nice pics!!! I see those a lot on the stylesides here in the desert.
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!