Selling the Ford

General Discussion Topic Archives
bringetto

Selling the Ford

Post by bringetto »

I didnt want to make the for sale thread a weaping one so ill do it here...

:cry:

Ive got to sell my truck, i really love the thing, just i dont have the cash to put my SHO back together, and if i sell the truck ill have enough cash to buy a new tranny and pay back alot of loans that are ever waiting to be paid off..

I dont want to let it go, its the only thing ive EVER had that has NEVER broken down on me. Ive gone though a 99 honda accord, 73 cadilac eldorado, 86 corolla, 92 taurus SHO, and they have all broken down from time to time, some more than others. This darn truck though, has beat them all and has not once let me down, its incredible.

I hate to let her go but id be MUCH happier seeing it in an enthusists hands other than someone who is going to abuse it.

Thanks for your time guys/girls

If your interested, here is the link
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 5216#85216
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Selling the Ford

Post by ToughOldFord »

How about sell the Taurus and keep the truck? Problem solved! :D
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

I'm with TOF...you just described it as the most reliable vehicle you ever owned :lol: With its good looks, abundant power and ability to handle any situation you could throw at it, seems like the best option. Plus women really like these old trucks!
cancow

Post by cancow »

The Taurass will forever be a money pit. Dump the taurass for sure....
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

:yt:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

True, but i drive close to 50 miles each day, and this truck is tearing at my wallet in gas right now. If i keep teh taurus off the throttle i can get 28 mpg

Plus my taurus is faster, has a great sound system, and has a great heater. Ac doesnt apply...

But after i change the tranny everything is new, so this truck is going to go soon

Please take a look at it
Badgt04

Post by Badgt04 »

You will miss it. If you can swing it, attempt to keep it
1973 Ford F-100
capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

Yep...you'll end up kickin yourself later............
Sharps-Nut

Post by Sharps-Nut »

Sorry for your bad situation. Try and keep your pu at all costs, looks nice and nice ones are hard to find. Ive sold alot of transportation but only 2 classics and kick myself on both. Last classic was my 74 bronco sold it in november for down money on land. Every time I see a early bronco i miss mine. Hope you pull off keeping it. Best of luck. Sharps-Nut
bringetto

Post by bringetto »

well, yesterday i took her through every large water mass/ puddle i could find in a nearby feild and i was in fender deep in water and it never struggled once. It was a blast. I really want to keep it, but once my taurus is running i dont have a place to keep it
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Sell the tuarus they have way to many problems that will need fixed within 1 yr of each other, maybe even sooner sho means didly compared to fe and if it is an sho it only realy get 18-20 mpg anyway. Sure they advertise 28+ but its bull.

12-15 highway and 5-12 in town seem to be what is the range on our pu's. Besides if it is running right a sho tuarus or any tuarus will bring a lot more money in. Right now nobody but us diehard fans wants an FE big block PU.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com