Various Vendors

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

DuckRyder

Various Vendors

Post by DuckRyder »

I had to order some stuff today.

I purposely tryed to place a small order with California Pick Up (California Mustang) and LMC neither of which I've used before.

NPD = Everything was in stock, shipped already
POR15 = Everything was in stock, shipped already
Dennis-Carpenter = Everything was in stock, shipped already
CalPickupTruck = Everything was in stock, shipped already
Pelican Parts = God only knows, as usual, it'll probably show up sometime (Porsche Parts)
LMC = I wasn't able to Order, apparently it's more important to know how I heard about them than it is to allow me to submit the order, which would be fine, if the form worked... So you might say I'm done with them...

FWIW
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
lobuck76

re: Various Vendors

Post by lobuck76 »

I have only ordered once from dennis carpenter but the stuff was top shelf. A fuel neck grommet and hose.
I've got the same from oblolete ford that was not near the quality. I've also got rubber goods from classic chevy, door seals and anti-rattle kits that I wasn't too impressed with. I guess the two companies are tied together, at least they are in the same building in OKC.
'71 F-100
DirtyJim

Post by DirtyJim »

I've ordered some off the shelf stuff from a company called http://www.rockauto.com/ in the past. Shipping was faster than expected and the prices werent too bad at all. They had some parts for my car that were difficult to find elsewhere and the prices were better than most. Great company, fast response and shipping and the products were exactly what I ordered. I plan on ordering again soon.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

I have ordered from LMC before and returned everything except a battery hold down. Poor quality and not as advertised. They were cool about it, and apologized and all, so I would use them again, but only for stuff that I can be assured of the quality.
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: Various Vendors

Post by willowbilly3 »

lobuck76 wrote:I have only ordered once from dennis carpenter but the stuff was top shelf. A fuel neck grommet and hose.
I've got the same from oblolete ford that was not near the quality. I've also got rubber goods from classic chevy, door seals and anti-rattle kits that I wasn't too impressed with. I guess the two companies are tied together, at least they are in the same building in OKC.
Obsolete Ford has a bad rap. Most of the Early Ford guys avoid them. I think they may have even changed their name or something to get around it. I see them set up at all the big swap meets. I have never bought anything from them because I hate to give money to people who act like they are doing me a big favor just to talk to me.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
granitestate68

Post by granitestate68 »

I've ordered from California Mustang and everything turned out great. Price, shipping, quality, even needed some questions answered and the help was great. Definitely buy from them again.

Lee
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... p?pos=-550
1996 F250 Slightly lifted 7.3L Diesel
1961 Falcon Ranchero 144 Inline 6
lobuck76

Post by lobuck76 »

I stopped at oblolete ford the other day and got a dome light lens. It was in a dennis carpenter package. I looked at their rubber floor mat, it didn't go back beside the seat like the original.
'71 F-100