Turn signal switch

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Turn signal switch

Post by Joe Kriston »

Right after I replaced my turn signal flasher with one of those aftermarket quiet ones,the cancellor for the left turn signal quit working...Now people come up to me and say "Hey,I know you,...you're the guy that drives that old yellow Ford truck around town with the left turn signal constantly blinking"...

So my question is,since I'll probably have to replace the turn signal switch,does anybody know if there is a replacement made for a '72 that has the 'lane change' feature,where you don't have to fully engage it to get the signals to blink?
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: Turn signal switch

Post by Jake11 »

The end of the plastic piece is busted off. You can still get them I think.
Take the wheel off to change it out.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i don't think they had that option back then.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Yeah,I know cars had that feature starting in '71,I think,but they came along a little later in trucks...I wondered if maybe a later model directional switch or one out of a car would work...I hate using the signal to exit an off-ramp and then forgetting you still have it on...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

You can buy extra-loud flasher units, which were originally designed for the hearing-impaired...heck, you can get them that actually play tunes. ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: re: Turn signal switch

Post by Supermike »

FORDification wrote:You can buy extra-loud flasher units, which were originally designed for the hearing-impaired...heck, you can get them that actually play tunes. ;)
I'm beginning to think I should've bought the extra-loud flasher for my blinkers. lol I drive around town with my blinker on like an old man, too... if anyone give me dirty looks, I don't care. I plan to turn... eventually.
Former owner of a '67 F100 Camper Special
Current owner of a '06 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SuperCrew
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Yeah,1971 sticks out in my mind because my brother-in-law bought a brand new Pontiac Ventura of the same year and I remember him showing me the lane change feature on the turn signals as if it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Of course,I could just do like most of the other drivers here in Phoenix and not even bother using my turn signals...I mean,why is it anybody else's business where I plan on turning next?
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

I do the same thing as you, Supermike. :) :)

Sometimes I notice it's still on, but usually check to see if I'm turning
the right way for the signal.