new member grants pass oregon

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

mr.skaggs

new member grants pass oregon

Post by mr.skaggs »

hi i have a f250 camper special 360 auto that i am putting together and ran across this website.it's really been helpful in looking for the correct parts thank you..couple of things might interest all of you ..get 50 to 70 mpg from your big block v8s!!by building your own carb and removing rust from parts with out abrasive,chemical,or elctrolis damage!!i need imput on controlling exhaust temp in a 1/4 inch line and a way of morintoring that temp. also if intrested in the rust removal let me know thankyou great site[img] :roll: :thup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mr.skaggs on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i have a '69 f-250 camper special that im putting back to orginal condition.it is taking a long time to do but it is my hobby..this website has been of great value on looking for the correct parts and i have came across a very good way to remove rust from parts without damage to the part ..it takes time but no abrasives to wear off the numbers or castings!!
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: new member grants pass oregon

Post by Heavenlyfire »

Let me be the first to welcome you :wel:

Also we are picture addicts so let me be the first to say

:nopix:

lol lol

Enjoy the group
kknip
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by kknip »

Welcome from North Carolina!Let us know about the 50 MPG and getting rust off.Of course we want to know! :thup:
Soitenly! Oh,a wiseguy!
You knucklehead!
65 Mustang
72 F250 Camper Special
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by heep70 »

:hi: and :wel: to the site.
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
mr.skaggs

Post by mr.skaggs »

the rust removal is at www.rustremovalsystems.com and product is purchased off e bay now on the carb.. back in the thirtyies a pog carb was patenented the patent ran out in early 80's so info was available,and a friend and i built one placing it on a 460 ford 4x4 acheiving 70 to 75 mpg but had trouble controlling the tempature to it i will post a drawing of it then some of you will be able to tell me how to control and monitor the temp going to it ... AND YES PICS WILL BE POSTED lol. 69 f-250,87 bronco II
i have a '69 f-250 camper special that im putting back to orginal condition.it is taking a long time to do but it is my hobby..this website has been of great value on looking for the correct parts and i have came across a very good way to remove rust from parts without damage to the part ..it takes time but no abrasives to wear off the numbers or castings!!
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

mr.skaggs,

Welcome! This place is great and we're glad you're here. 70 MPG??? That sounds awesome.

Not sure I'm a believer on that deal, but interested for sure.

I will definitely follow the posts for that topic.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
jbanks
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by jbanks »

:wel: to the group.

I'll certainly listen to what you have to say about a super carb and mega MPG. But I'll have to see it to believe it.

But my Dad told stories of such a carb that one of the oil companies bought the patent to and then put on the shelf to keep the gas selling. But I've heard worse urban legends.
RebelRider
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RebelRider »

Welcome to the group mr.skaggs!
This could get interesting!
:fr:
Torque....God's gift to tire dealers!
Dave
Image Image
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10571
mr.skaggs

Post by mr.skaggs »

you build a gas boiler leaving the stock carb in place the original was not heated with exhaust but with water !!now days though the gas is different and requires a higher boiling point soo use the exhaust bit we must be able to control the temp.. i'm ising a 1/4 inch stajnless line plumbed into the exhaust ..what can i use to control the amount of heat in that heating coil and monitor that temp to know the correct temp for fuel milage and not a gas bomb lol
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by customcrewcab »

welcome! :D
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners