Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Olde Skool's got brake lights !!!

Post by kaptnkaos »

Hey All...

Thanks for the input on the brake switch on Olde Skool...
Yes, it did have the '67 style brake switch...
That switch was actually used from '65-'78 in heavier Ford trucks...
The one that came out of the bus had a '78 part number...
I'll attach a couple of pics. Virtually no differance it the switch mechanism. The new switch had two male spades sticking out rather than having a two wire pig tail. That made the install much easier, since it tied to the bus wiring rather than the having to cut the one of the leads on the pig tail (like it was when I removed the old switch) I was able to use a female spade end and wire the brake light wire directly to the switch. For a hot wire, I ran a feed off of the new the new fuse block...
I'll attach a couple of pics of both switches. Look closely at the pic of the old switch. You should see some strands of bare copper wire... I was trying to figure out where the rest of that wire was supposed to be... come to find out a PO had used some stranded wire for a cotter pin to hold the switch on... wwwuuuzzzzuuuupp wwwwiiittt dddaaattt ????

The 3rd pic is a shot of the new gauge cluster I scored from Fossil Dog.
Dissassembled and gave the housing a fresh coat of white paint, now it looks NOS for sure. Thanks for the hookup FD.

Posted a few new pics on webshots just follow the link below...

Check ya later,
KaptnKAOS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

"Olde Skool" '68 Ford Bluebird short bus
"FRODO" '68 F-250 Camper Special project
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Olde Skool's got brake lights !!!

Post by ToughOldFord »

Cool! :thup: Good to know that switch spans a few years too, it'll still be available for a while.
TheeMc

Post by TheeMc »

Awsome Bro! :thup:

She is comming right along. I had to take a break on mine, I still got the dash torn apart, have all my switches out, hit all the bezels with nevr dull and they shine like new. Thx for turning me on to that stuff. I went to Advance auto and bought all new dash light bulbs to put in. I did get that delay wiper switch installed. Had to take a small "nick" out of the brace that holds the dash sheet metal still, because it hit the switch and bowed out the dash. Other than that it went in easily.
Then the weather turned (rain), and I haven't gotten her put back together yet. Then I have to run her down town and get new front tires (almost as painful as filling up!). After that I have to take it to a custom exahust place and get that pipe moved, so I can see if that stuff I bought is the right stuff to hook up my second tank.
Onward and upward!

Take 'er easy, and if she's easy.......

M
TheeMc
72 F-250 C/S
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?

"98% of all Dodge trucks are still on the road;
The other 2% actually made it home..."
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

Got to see "Shorty" up close and personal this evening. It's quite the cool little shop he's got built in the back, complete with bench grinder and air compressors (at least two of them that I saw :lol: )

Going to make one heck of a motor home when he gets done with it. Totally cool knowing they had a "short bus" way back then. :evil:
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup: