What do you keep in your bed-side tool box?

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

GSequoia
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: What do you keep in your bed-side tool box?

Post by GSequoia »

mikeconner1 wrote:I look forward to having one. Towards the end of the month I'm going just south of Chattanooga into N GA to pick up my new 8 foot bed, and it happens to have this option, so keep writing in on this thread, gives me some good ideas about what to stick in there. Are these things plastic or steel on the inside? The one in an old 78 F150 we had had a heavy duty ABS plastic liner, just curious if these in the old bumps were stamped steel or plastic. Reckon I'll find out soon enough. As the the doors popping open, might consider replacing that old paddle latch with the newer T-handle type that doesn't have that problem, much more secure. Had one of those old paddle latches on an under-bed box on one of my old rollbacks, lost a lot of tools on the road before I replaced it.
My '71 is all metal. The latch is solid as well, no issues there. Those who have them popping open should take a look at their latch and adjust it as needed.

My box has jumper cables, a tire iron, an incomplete tool set, an incomplete 12V compressor, and some other junk my grandfather put in there about twenty years ago.
Last edited by GSequoia on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.advlifestyle.com
1971 Camper Special (390 / C6 / D60)
1970 F250 High Boy (NP435 / Dana 24 / No engine, rusted to hell and back body, project to combine with above.)
1966 Rustang (289 / C4 Project stalled for ages)
1989 Jeep Cherokee (4.0 / Auto / D30 / D44 / 35's)
1996 Jeep Cherokee (4.0 / Auto / D30 / D35)
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

That would be the '69 :)

The '71 is getting much more than that. I have a big list of all the spare parts that i will be mounting and attaching to the truck.
-Ryan
GSequoia
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by GSequoia »

1971ford wrote:That would be the '69 :)

The '71 is getting much more than that. I have a big list of all the spare parts that i will be mounting and attaching to the truck.
Just fill the roll cage with spare oil and put a tap on the front bumper. :hd:
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

GSequoia wrote:
1971ford wrote:That would be the '69 :)

Just fill the roll cage with spare oil and put a tap on the front bumper. :hd:
:lol: :lol:
-Ryan
landman873

Post by landman873 »

Mine doesn't have a door on the bed side. It does have a box but its infront of the rear tire and the flip up door it right there too. I don't have any pics right now but i'll take a few tomorrow. It seem like the original owner added this. Its hard to get to so i'm not sure what they would have put in it.
68 F-250 Camper Special- work in progress
cmoore

Post by cmoore »

Hey Kaptn...

I went to a locksmith with my tool box lock issue (no key from P.O) and they made two keys in about four minutes...

my contents: work gloves, star-wrench, two extra belts, two headlamp surround bezels, coolant, oil and a helmet I use for the local landfill....

best regards to all...
cmoore...

out...

1970 F250 SC, 360ci, C6, rattle-can black, 17" MB chrome wheels