Got stiffed by Dennis Carpenters....

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Got stiffed by Dennis Carpenters....

Post by 1971fordcustom »

I got my stuff from dc on thur. And ever thing was find but grommet was not there. No big deal what so ever. I ordered my stuff off the net on '7th and got it on the 13th. That is ok for being in arkansas. And ups is great hear I know all the drivers we have never had a bad time with them. And I did not get much vent glass seals few other thing well 183 bucks. But I LOVE NPD best shipping a great guy paul theres 2 paul's at the fl one. If I need something him and his friend will go to the back and make sure the part is ok. Well I just got carpet from then firewall cover about 800$ worth of parts. And most of it is from dc. And in the long run it is cheeper to get from npd any thing over 300$ is FREE shipping Unless its over sized and its still not much like 9 something a thing. So you get great parts and free shipping. And at dc the guy you talked to might of been having a bad day to might of been some BUTT he just got off the phone with. any ways just go to npd I give them a AAAAAA++++++++++++
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Gas caps for 71-72 are strange things, most every one list the same cap from oh about 47 to 72, but 71 and 72 are different.

At least DC lets you know you have to reorder, NPD will just cancel a backorder after 30 days and then when you start wondering about it and call they will act like its perfectly normal.

I still order from both DC and NPD and overall their service is good...

LMC can kiss my you know what...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
shrektruck

Post by shrektruck »

No, what???
Actually I had terrific service from LMC on a horn retainer plate and column shift collar. They were corrrect and quick.
:hj: To complete the Hijack- I just returned a set of headers I ordered from Jeg's almost three years ago. I called to explain that I ordered them while deployed and didn't check them till recently when I tried to install them. They took em back no problem and even waived the 20 dollar price difference :thup: (I did have to pay for shipping the old ones back).
For what it's worth they're always glad to help and I'll keep shopping there.
BTW- 4WD headers don't fit on a 2WD.
Matt
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: re: Got stiffed by Dennis Carpenters....

Post by 390Nut »

shrektruck wrote: BTW- 4WD headers don't fit on a 2WD.
:lol:

Just a little laugh at your expense, sorry. been through similar issues myself, before. :D
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
theogre5150

Post by theogre5150 »

Hey Tony, here are the pics of the steering wheel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theogre5150

Post by theogre5150 »

and some more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The_Eman

Post by The_Eman »

I probably over stepped my bounds, but I am just about to place a $500 or $600 order with DC so I sent part of the thread to DC and told them of my concerns. Here was there reply.

Eric,
We can certainly understand your concern, especially after reading this complaint from the forum. This customer's story concerns us and is by no means the way we want our customers treated. We know who this customer is and we addressed the situation with the individual he spoke with in our office. We don't claim to please every customer all the time, but we do try. We thank you for sharing this information with us and for sharing your concern. We respect this and we do hope to have the opportunity to serve all your restoration parts needs.
Thank you.

A return response from them is enough to assure me this was just one of those things that happens in business.
theogre5150

Post by theogre5150 »

I wondered why I got a call from them today. He was real polite this time. What part of the thread did you send?
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Thunderfoot »

WOW that's pretty cool, at least they called you back after hearing from a second source that you were unhappy. I hope they made it right with you, sounds like they were trying anyways... They could have just blown it off...
I'm impressed.
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

I'm not surprised.

The moment they saw this was posted on the WWW, they instantly had to change their collective shorts. It's called damage control, and considering the audience base we have here (and the fact we are growing by leaps and bounds) I'm not surprised ogre got a call.
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
oldbiker

Post by oldbiker »

390Nut wrote:I'm not surprised.

The moment they saw this was posted on the WWW, they instantly had to change their collective shorts. It's called damage control, and considering the audience base we have here (and the fact we are growing by leaps and bounds) I'm not surprised ogre got a call.
:yt: thanks eman
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

I know as being a dealer for DC I takes sometimes 5 days to get to us and we are in NC,, We have had a run on grommets but we always keep plenty on hand,,, as far as the gas caps WE SELL The Original Ford Ones that fits, now pay attention 1951-72 AS LONG AS The 70-72 DOES NOT Have emmisions, of course so many people tell us they have no emmisions , Well that don't cut it, If it have Vacum Lines coming from the Tank then it has emmisions, and your steel filler neck is different from with out as well as the cap being different
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang