coil removal

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

coil removal

Post by BigRedTruck »

...i feel like .... :x :cry: I don't have enough tools what could be worse....the bracket has this nut on the left side. it also holds the engine i.d. tag anyway that nut and the screw on the opposite side i can't get anything to fit in. I even tried the stubby types i'm lost
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: coil removal

Post by bluef250 »

Can you remove the bracket from the manifold, then remove the coil from the bracket? Post of photo of the setup.
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

that nut or bolt...which ever it is...is holding it on and in a position below the coil itself so that any tool hits the coil
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

The coil bracket is just thin steel and probably has been slightly bent. Just push the coil away from the nut....in other words, bend the bracket a bit, enough to let you use your tools.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

something else....there is a lipstick sized cylinder on the coil too...there is not one on the new coil any idea what this is?

the fuel line was moved when the holley was put in so its a bit different than stock...I tried a knuckle....no joy....pushing coil aside same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BigRedTruck on Wed May 11, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

That's a condensor...it's basically there to help suppress ignition 'noise' for better radio reception.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

well i think i've tried everything short of removing the fuel line for more room. even hand turning it seems impossible. any product recommendations are appreciated! the coil i'm putting in is a accel super stock and it lacks a condensor...do i need a new one along with it?
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6

68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

Even if you could loosen the long clamp screw and nut, it won't free up the coil as the mounting bracket bolt needs to be loosened too.

Try using a distributor wrench (it's the same 1/2" size), or a crowfoot on the mounting bracket bolt. Once removed you can loosen the coil from the bracket.

Do the reverse when installing, clamp the SS coil to the bracket then attach the bracket to the engine. I'd keep the condensor on it.
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."