Blue Oval, Dennis Carpenter, and Parts123.com.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Blue Oval, Dennis Carpenter, and Parts123.com.

Post by robroy »

Good evening,

I've noticed that several vendors use parts123.com for their online parts inventory, namely Blue Oval and Dennis Carpenter.

Does this mean that the vendors are essentially drawing upon the same stock of parts?

Or does parts123.com simply provide the web application, leaving the parts supply 100% up to the vendor?

Thanks!
-Robroy
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Not too sure but I do know that Dennis Carpenter tends to have the highest quality parts. Strictly my opinion.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Blue Oval, Dennis Carpenter, and Parts123.com.

Post by basketcase0302 »

robroy,

It seems there is a "new" parts guru here, I'm sure he'll be around shortly to jump on this! :lol:

Basketcase
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
seattle67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Blue Oval, Dennis Carpenter, and Parts123.com.

Post by seattle67 »

I believe that "parts123.com" is the company that provides internet database and inventory control software for companys that want to sell parts online. They're not the actual parts distributor.
Dan

"I plan to start procastinating immediately"

robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Hey Dan and Basketcase, thanks for the replies!

I had it wrong in the original post; it's not Blue Oval that uses parts123.com it's Mac's. D.C. and Mac's.

Dan, I guess you're right about it being only an online inventory tool and not some kind of middleman.

Thanks!
-Robroy
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Blue Oval, Dennis Carpenter, and Parts123.com.

Post by Supermike »

robroy wrote:I've noticed that several vendors use parts123.com for their online parts inventory, namely Blue Oval and Dennis Carpenter.

Does this mean that the vendors are essentially drawing upon the same stock of parts?

Or does parts123.com simply provide the web application, leaving the parts supply 100% up to the vendor?
Robroy,

I just happened to see this and thought I'd chime in...

You are correct. I have a very close friend (since we were kids) who worked for Parts123.com. It was originally formed and then spun-off from a company that compiled sales reports for auto-dealers, and which also works closely with the "trader" magazines (Auto Trader, etc.). He worked for Parts123 for 7 years, from it's inception until about a year ago. He still has close ties there, and about 3-4 guys that either work or have worked there are in my fantasy football league.

That said... Parts123.com is strictly a database-driven online inventory/sales system. As you noted, they do not maintain any stock at all.... that is 100% up to the vendor. I don't believe their apps have any "real time" inventory capabilities right now, so it's possible I guess to order out-of-stock items.

Though they do host the ordering systems for some the vendors you noted above, as well as Concours, they are primarily focused on the hot rod world and have a good reputation there. Their owner is really into hot rods.
Former owner of a '67 F100 Camper Special
Current owner of a '06 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SuperCrew
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Blue Oval, Dennis Carpenter, and Parts123.com.

Post by robroy »

Ah-ha! Very interesting. Thanks Supermike!