Lmc ????

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Lmc ????

Post by wickedinhere »

I have ordered from lmc before with great success but this last order will probably be my last. I ordered alot of stuff this time and a few items that were listed for my truck werent even close to fitting. The upper and lower radiator hose were way off i thought i had ordered the wrong ones they were so far off but i ordered
the right ones. The next item that was wrong was the dissy rotor i have no idea how they could get that wrong. I just went to the local parts house they had one hose and the rotor in stock and had my other hose the next day. The motor mounts were next i had to modify both of them to fit it really makes me mad when i have stop and modify a simple part like a motor mount that should fit.
You can pay more but you cant buy better.
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Lmc ????

Post by 1971ford »

papabug71 wrote: LMC is starting to get a bad rep around here. I wounder what the deal is..... :dk:
Half their parts are no good on quality or fitment. I will never order from them from all the stories again. NPD is where its at 8)
-Ryan
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

Ryan, explain. Fitment like body stuff? or everything in general. I see that LMC has alot of "one of" stuff that I would like to have. For example, they are the only ones that I can find that sell the chrome "power by ford" valve covers for the 302. But nobody likes a leaky valve cover that dont fit right, due to poor castings/molds. (aka junk)

I know they have some other stuff that I have market in my book, but im hesitant to order due to quality. They are right on prices I will say that for them, but I would rather pay more for a quality piece. :2cents:
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

heres a few threads
poor weatherstripping fitment
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... le#p350622
bad patch panels
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... le#p307396
a couple pages on how bad LMC's armrests are. fitment problems and way too hard
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... c+armrests

but anyways, none of that is my experience. Well, i did get mirrors from them that like to adjust themselves with slight wind :roll:
Im just a big lmc hater, i keep reading thread after thread on how people are getting poor quality parts from LMC , so i try to warn people mentioning it.
But if you be careful on what you buy from them you should be OK. If it were me, i would probably go ahead and get valve covers from them, but i wouldnt want to buy a fender from them. I cant find the thread and i dont even know if it was LMC but someone on here got a repro fender and it's fitment was horrible if i remember right. How much more money is the NPD fender (or Dennis Carpenter)?
-Ryan
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

Im thinking ill try the valve covers, but thats about it. :thup:
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have goten several things from lmc. i got a floor pan. it seem ok to me. i haven't done anything with it yet. but it looks fine. i have also gotten a lower column bearing and a horn ring three tab holder. it looks stronger than the orginal ones. the lower bearing looks the same quality as the oem ones. and i think i have gotten a few other small things. everything i have bought have been good. i have touched thier arm rests. and they are hard to the touch. i also got a free calendar from them it hasn't fallen apart yet either. :P i think its all in whihc pieces you buy from them. just like any other place.
bigredball90

Post by bigredball90 »

the only thing that ive gotten from them that is bad was the window handle and knob. the handle was fine but the knob was impossible to put on right.
1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1971fordcustom »

Don't get me started! :x We need a Smiliey that says LMC SUCKS :D
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... d%20F-100/

1971 F-100 Explorer Special custom
1971 F-350 Flatbed
1966 Ford Galaxie!
1966 Ford F-250 4x4
1960 Ford F-750 FireTruck
1960 Gmc 6000 FireTruck
1962 IH R-185 Firetruck
1959 Ford Custom 300
1940 Ford Truck
green1970

Post by green1970 »

everything that i have gotten from LMC has fit surprisingly well for my 1970.. the only thind i have ordered from them recently was a new billet grille and lower valance for my 98 f-150, and fit great as well, but im glad i read this thread.. i will be very cautious when ordering from them from now on
tyler
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

No real complaints with LMC here. As far as I can find, they are only one of the two vendors offering new behind-seat fuel tanks for our trucks. To me, the $200 LMC price seemed fair versus the other vendors $300. My complaint is with UPS! When my tank arrived, UPS had totally abused it by handling it roughly enough to bend the welded corners over AND punch a hole through the box with something heavy enough to leave a huge dent on the tank. I called LMC and customer service shipped another tank out THAT DAY with no questions asked. All I had to do was set the damaged one back on the porch for a UPS inspector to come by and see.

I'm not saying that LMC is perfect or anything, but they did do alright by me. No one is perfect; I've had problems with other suppliers, but that's just the way this hobby goes sometimes. The trick is to find the supplier that offers the best quality part for the price you're paying. And when you find only one supplier that offers the part you need, then you have to be the judge whether or not you want to order that part and give it a try. Just my :2cents: . :thup:
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
cheek
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cheek »

im lookin at buyin a whole lot of stuff from there but now im not so sure... who's better LMC or NPD??? and does NPD charge as much postage?
Cheers
1970 Ford F100 351C FMX Daily
1972/3 Ford F100 Project
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

cheek, are you ordering smaller stuff? i have sent car parts to aus for what i considered reasonable shipping. pm me about what you are wanting and maybe i can help. i go by lmc every day.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
cheek
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cheek »

thanks heeps mate, will do but it wont be for a while :( i still havta get the truck :o
1970 Ford F100 351C FMX Daily
1972/3 Ford F100 Project
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

that's cool, just letting you know there are alternatives. i have sent stuff to cranebrook for a reasonable price.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
wilhay

Post by wilhay »

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I have never ordered anything from LMC and probably would,nt after all the bad stuff i've heard, but i have ordered from NPD and i have to say i was VERY displeased. Right after i bought my first truck the brakes needed doing, one of the things i needed was drums so i ordeded them from NPD because the price was right ($25.00) each compared to NAPAs $85.00 each. Got them and they looked liked they were made of silver or something not gray like cast but decided to try them. Took all the parts to a mechanic to have the job done because i was going out of town the next day and i HAD to have the truck the day i got back. The mechanic said send this junk back it wont fit and they didn't look exactly like my old ones. Called NPD, first of all the guy i talked to in cust. serv. was the biggest _ _ _ hole i've ever talked to so he told me to measure the diameter which i did and they were the right dia. come to find out they were out of round so he sends me more, guess what, same crap. So i call them back, talked to different person, he to is an _ _ _ hole except worse, told him the deal he said i must have another problem, the mechanic even told him. Said he wasn't giving mee my money back, so i told him where to go, bit the bullet, bought the ones from NAPA and they fit like a champ. I will never buy anything from them again.