Darlin, a 69 Ranger SWB

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

dad23boys

Re: Darlin, a 69 Ranger SWB

Post by dad23boys »

FreakysFords wrote:Thanks again all.

All the prayers are always appreciated and I'd like to ask you to continue to please. All of the first round of major surgeries have gone well and Tiffany is out of the woods in that regard.

I'm a long ways off from getting caught up, so might still not be on much for a while (time will tell, really dunno). Lost my job over it all, but not in the least bothered by such. I go back on the road (driving again) this week (hopefully tomorrow). Speaking of which, once I get caught up a tad, I'll start posting my runs if there's any parts I could help move from A to B along my path.

Hope to get back to Darlin after the first or second trip (cash flow depending), but may have to put the motorcycle first in line for it's fuel mileage.

I've got to get rid of the parts truck (72 lwb 302 / auto). Both doors, windshield, hood and various small parts are gone. Cab has a spot rusted out in the cap air intake area of the passenger kick panel, but is otherwise beautiful (MUCH better than Darlin's cab). The bed sides are in great condition, but I've never managed to clean the bed out to see what the bed floor truly looks like.
I can get pics later if needed.

The price is as right as it can get. FREE
I'd rather give it to a fellow board member than see it head to the crusher. Rear is supposed to be a LS, but I've never even crawled under it or jacked it up to even look.

I'd love to see this thing go to good use in getting someone else's bump on the road or just fixed up a tad.

Basketcase, 69ranger and OldRedFord have first shot at it, barring any of their interest or opportunity to claim it, it's open to any board member who's interested. I only want the steering column, wheels (bring some steelies), both bumpers and tail gate. I really want the front clip, but don't have time to fool with it as it's got to be gone no later than the 7th of July.

Thanks all,
Frank

I have been so busy with so many things here the last few 2 or 3 months I haven't been getting on here much lately. I had no idea you and your family had all this going on.
Glad to see your niece is progressing. I am less than an hour from you as you know so if you need any thing let me know. You and your family will be in our prayers. God bless!
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Another request.

First off, Pam, my Sister, is still in need of your prayers as the "process" regarding her Son's killer is taking it's toll on her, but she's still in high spirits and keeping her priorities straight.

I can't really get into Tiff's situation, as I'm just not man enough to get into it right now.

My Wife, Kay is in ICU at Gadsden Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, AL. She's been in poor health for quite some time, but things have taken a turn for the worse. She has severe COPD and at the moment is struggling with bronchitis and pneumonia. She's been in the hospital for over a week now and was seeming to get better when things just went out.

At the moment, she's on an EPAP setup, but may have to return to a respirator. She is doing much better as of right now than she was a couple days ago.
At best, she'll get well enough to go home on oxygen and forced retirement. Can't take thinking of much else. At any rate, this is their word and not the final word as we well know.

Please, pray for my Kay. I'm lost without her.
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Please, pray for my Kay. I'm lost without her.
Frank, I know exactly what you mean about being lost. Seems like I am the same way...just can't seem to get along very well without that special person there to walk through life with.

I call em' "witch doctors" as it seems that doctors and lawyers are only about the only two professions left in this day and age that still "practice" what they do for a living. Sure wish I could "practice" my trade instead of actually having to do it right the first time...

Would maybe a second opinion by another doctor be possible?

Prayers sent your way for your Kay's quick recovery. :pray:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Still praying for Kay, Pam and Tiff...

I'm sorry to hear about all this Frank...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
71highboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 71highboy »

sorry to here about all that you are going thru.i have been there myself with family members.it sucks.they have to want to help themselves before they can begin to heal. :2cents:
Mancar1
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!
Location: USS Gramps Garage (DD-727) Tehama County, Northern Ca.

Post by Mancar1 »

Vicki and I have you and yours in our prayers.
May your sails stay full, and your knots not slip. Unless a slip knot.
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.
Life is a banquet, and every days a feast.
68 F-250 CS 390 C-6 P/S A/C front disc. 2nd owner.
2016 GMC Terrain Denali 301 HP V-6 AWD.
2009 Silverado Crew Cab, V-8, 4X4.
DD-727
DD-806
AE-35
LSD-39
AS-41
AR-8
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by BiggDogg »

Prayers for you and yours :thup:
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Kay's doing better, is OUT of the ICU and is now in a "regular room". Since being switched to this room, they first kept her on "critical", then "______" (I forget what they called it), and now is considered low risk.

She's still getting regular breathing treatments, tons of antibiotics, and steroids via IV and a mess of pills... all on a very regular basis.

She's supposed to be able to lose the cath tomorrow and later, maybe even get to try and stand up.

She's still not maintaining her o2 level without a mask or nasal feed, but is only on the biPAP overnight now. She is pneumatic in her left lung, but getting better there as well.

When they don't have her drugged out, she's relatively energetic and is eager to talk. Right now, that's not the case.

So in the long and short, she's MUCH better, but they don't seem to want to tell us the details of how her lungs are and how that compares to how they were when she came in. Seems we'll be at discharge for that.

What they will tell us is that there's a good chance she can go home sometime next week, but won't be able to do much more than sit around for a while......... suits me fine, she needs the down time! WalMart doesn't know it yet, but they're short one cashier. Kay's retiring.

Thanks all,
Frank
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

What they will tell us is that there's a good chance she can go home sometime next week, but won't be able to do much more than sit around for a while......... suits me fine, she needs the down time! WalMart doesn't know it yet, but they're short one cashier. Kay's retiring.

Thanks all,
Frank
That's good news Frank. :thup:
I will still keep your Kay in my prayers to continue to improve. :pray:
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FormerMarine1981 »

Glad to hear she is doing better. My thoughts and prayer are with her as well.
What we do in Life, Echoes in Eternity
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

I've been kind'a avoiding this topic for a while in near-superstitious fashion.

Kay is still home (well actually at her Mother's home, but that's another story all together) and doing much better. She's now up to 115lbs on the low side and 119 on the high (she could stand to be 125 to 130, but I'm certainly not complaining). She's still on the nebulizer 3 times a day as well as 2 inhalers and a couple other meds, but is NOT on oxygen!

She's not able to do much other than sit and crochet and do some minor "circle with your arms and feet" excersises, but she's SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. She's still having trouble breathing on humid days, but we're hopeful that she'll soon be able to go out and get around with more freedom. At this point, she's stuck in the house with orders that Freaky will come down hard on whoever get's her out against doctor's orders.

She's officially disabled and will never be able to work again, but rest assured that I'll find ways to make ends meet if it means I get to keep my Kay a while longer!

I've got to admit, I haven't been myself, but rather some poor sack of a man in fear of what could be, but I'm very grateful for our many blessings and even now putting my head back on straight.

For the time, I scarcely see her or Christina as I'm out running all the miles Uncle Sam will let me and still not quite fitting the numbers, but it's gotta get better. Of this I'm certain!

Right now it's costing about 60cents per mile in fuel just to drive this thing and load pay is actually down from this time last year. However, I have to believe that this too will improve. I'm working diligently to find a way to own my own truck again in the near future to improve our percentage and get better paying loads to boot. Time and faith, I have both. What matters is that Kay is better and still improving!

I just want to thank everyone for the prayers and let you know that they are working!

Thanks all,
Frank

Between Tucson and Phoenix on I-10, waiting on the next load
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Back home.

Kay wasn't doing much better and was determined to go home. I was scared to have her without someone around that much, so I'm back to driving a wrecker.

Kay's now markedly better. She's actually been asked to lose 10 lbs by her Dr. This from the 75 lbs of skin and bones she was! Me happy!
She's still has some very bad days, especially in all this humidity, but she's so much better than she was. She's even able to get out and enjoy the day when there's good weather.

Christina (our youngest) got married Sept. 1 and she's due to have her first child (Mia) next month.

Darlin's pretty much as she was. She now has a new radiator, but it's not doing much good in the bed. Hoping for some good weather one of these weekends. If I can catch a decent weekend, she's getting her radiator and motor mounts. She's now in need of a good early hood as well since the one that was going on was stolen. Ah well, we live right?
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Frank,
So good to hear from you man. I bet your ears were burning a few time as I've mentioned your name. Also glad to hear your bride is doing a little better. Wish I was just a little bit closer and I'd gladly give you some help with Darlin man. :(
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

:woohoo: hope both Mother and Mia are doing fine.
And hey buddy...where's our ceegars?! :lol:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4