Storage issues

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Storage issues

Post by 91Bear »

My ol' Ford has sat out in the elements for a few years now and it is breaking my heart. My neighborhood association won't allow non-running vehicles outside, my garage is too small and I can't find a storage unit that will allow non-running vehicles. Anyone got any ideas?

No, I don't have any friends with spare storage sheds.
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Storage issues

Post by kaptnkaos »

How about one of those tube and tarp garages. Ryan (1971Ford) got one and works on his truck in it.

Another option, is to get it runnin' real fast, then they got nothin' to bug ya about... :D
And when their POS ricer is toast and yer cruisin' around in yer classic american made truck, which is going up in value the older it gets, you can shoot 'em a big ole grin...
or whatever other part of your anatomy you care to wave at them... :eek:

KaptnKA 8) S
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

"Olde Skool" '68 Ford Bluebird short bus
"FRODO" '68 F-250 Camper Special project
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

as far as those storage places don't tell them that it doesn't run. just push it into one of the units and close the door and lock it. they will never know whats in there.
70shortwide

Post by 70shortwide »

im sure the rules change from place to place, but around here a "vehicle has to run and/or have current tags" makes it easy for my dad, he owns a car lot and has a dealer plate that he can switch between cars while the inspector is there. nothing they can do, its perfectly legal. you might check into that though, might be as simple as making sure the tags are current
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I don't know about San Antone, but Lincoln, Ne won't allow those 'portable' garage units like Ryan has. Check local codes before buying. (@#$%& city council. :x )
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 91Bear »

Pretty sure San Antonio does not allow them either.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Several years ago when I was needing a place to start working on my '67 442, I simply posted an ad in the local newspaper, looking for a garage to use. Had one rented within 24 hours. :thup:

Especially in these hard times, there might be folks looking to supplement their limited income a little, and so you might just luck out and find someone willing to rent out their garage or unused barn for your project. Post an ad...see what turns up. You might just be pleasantly surprised.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
ka_jd7and1

Post by ka_jd7and1 »

fordman wrote:as far as those storage places don't tell them that it doesn't run. just push it into one of the units and close the door and lock it. they will never know whats in there.
Bingo. I needed a place to store my race car for a while, got one of the enclosed 10x20' spaces at a storage place, trailered the car in and parked it inside no questions asked.

My landlord doesn't allow "project" vehicles either, but my F100 is insured, tagged, and runs (doesn't move under its own power due to a bunch of issues, but they don't know that), so they can shove it if they bring it up.
03 Chevy S10 - the daily driver
68 Ford F100 longbed - the tow pig / TLC project
78 Chevy Impala - the race car

I'm sorry if I ask lots of questions, there's just a lot of stuff I don't know (yet).
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 91Bear »

FORDification wrote:Especially in these hard times, there might be folks looking to supplement their limited income a little, and so you might just luck out and find someone willing to rent out their garage or unused barn for your project. Post an ad...see what turns up. You might just be pleasantly surprised.
:thup: Now why didn't I think of that?
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

My Buddie did that with his Barn---had up to 10 vehicles at one point in time
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
bntyhntr00

Post by bntyhntr00 »

too bad youre not closer I've been storing peoples vehicles at my place forever (my gf hates it--makes me laugh when she goes outside to "inventory")