What did you do to YOUR bump today?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

sonic reducer

Re: What did you do to YOUR bump today?

Post by sonic reducer »

New 2.25" dual exhaust, with Flowmaster 40's exiting just before the rear wheels. Looks great, nice bends. Very loud! Maybe a little too loud, maybe I just need to get used to it.

Radius arm bushings and brakes are next on the list.

:fr:
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Since Ohio FINALLY got rid of the front tag requirement i installed one of my 1968 Ohio tags on the front.......looking for the correct 1968 Idaho county tag but this will do for now...... :D
IMG_20200627_125130_hdr_kindlephoto-258692391.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

I've been frustrated with new SS brake lines that I feel are over tightened but wouldn't seal. Frustration is usually my biggest hurdle to in this restoration project. Got up this morning and told myself "you're doing this today." With the use of a snap on brake bleeder and my trusty assistant (wife), we now have brakes with no detectable leaks. It's a good day!
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Hey! :thup: Never a doubt.
Zman91

Post by Zman91 »

I have owned the truck for close to 3 weeks and decided to wash it finally, I sanded the wheels down and painted them gloss black, however I’m thinking of redoing them in white now, took some sos pads to the rusty hub caps to clean them up a little. And installed 2 new mirrors as the old ones were foggy. I couldn’t get the arms to clean up so I painted them black for now.

1968 f100 360 3 speed 2wd.
sonic reducer

Post by sonic reducer »

Just installed new Pertronix Ignitor II ignition along with new cap ,rotor, plugs and wires. Truck ran pretty smooth before, so not a marked difference. However, it does start easier. I debated Pertronix vs keeping the points for a while, but I finally made switch. So far so good.
beejaytx225

Post by beejaytx225 »

I got all the lights working properly and fixed the exhaust leaks. She is ready for her first state inspection since 1996. Super stoked!
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Well it was more over the weekend, but...

Installed the correct turn signal switch. The original I ordered I think was actually for a Mustang, made it work but it wasn't right and the horn brush was damaging the copper ring on the Grant steering wheel adapter. Also managed to get the turn signal cancel cam transferred from the original wheel to the new steering wheel adapter, had been using the roll pins and didn't like the way that they fit.

While replacing the T/S switch I was installing a new horn brush, so I figured might as well get the horn working. New brush didn't fix it, not that I thought it would. Horn relays are cheap so I ordered one while getting the T/S switch. Installed that and you could hear the relay close when pressing the horn button, but still not horn. Next step is figure out if horn actually works or if I have a broken connection. Figured I'd jumper the horn to battery and test, if it works bad connection, if it doesn't bad horn. Well I didn't even get that far.

It's kinda hard for a horn to work if there isn't one installed on the truck. :hw:

Finished up the weekend by throwing on new bed side marker lenses and a dome light lens. Need to get new sockets for the side marker bulbs the old one are damaged and falling apart. I think I got them at advance earlier, but haven't had a chance to compare yet. Also threw a new bulb in the dome light, but want to find an LED that fits for a bit more light.

Ordered two different sets of Hella horns off Amazon earlier today, a dual tone trumpet set and a dual tone disc set. Unless they just sound terrible, one set will be going on the truck (probably the trumpet) and the other set will replace the weak horn on my car.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
F100442

Post by F100442 »

As my truck is more of a working truck mechanical restoration, I changed the fan from a "on all the time" type to having a fan clutch. Seems to have freed up more power and I am sure more fuel milage. Ripped out old radio wiring as it was hanging out from under the dash, not to mention the radio did not work anyhow. Looks way better in the cab now. Now that cooler weather is on the way I think i may attempt to braise the leak on my heater core and get the duct work back in working order. I put 12V to my AC compressor (dealer installed :D ) and to my surprise it came right on. Think winter time will be the right time for an AC conversion and rebuild. Next pressing issue will be the tranny yoke bushing as it is making a horrible racket.
ajboots4

Post by ajboots4 »

Bushings. I-beam pivots & radius arm. Definitely a "right-tool-for-the-job" job.
1969 F100, long bed, 360, 2-barrell, rust-bucket, tinkering victim
1browski

Post by 1browski »

Im in the middle of restoring my 72 highboy. Yesterday I removed windshield and cleaned the seam or pinch weld. I chiseled and wire wheeled the drip rail and sprayed some primer on it since there was bare metal. I also welded 35 screw holes shut that a PO put around the rear window, grinded them and sprayed some primer for now. Easy day.
sonic reducer

Post by sonic reducer »

New brakes front and rear, bearings, wheel cylinders, brake lines, parking brake cable and rear diff oil. Whew! A lot more dollars and time than I anticipated, but happy I got it done and the old girl stops real good now. I also learned a lot in the process.

Still need to tackle the radius arm bushings.
Fordkid68
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Fordkid68 »

I wire-wheeled my pedal assembly to get ready for paint. Was a very easy day!
Adam

My first truck,
1968 F100 lwb 2wd soon to have a 351w, 5-speed
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 15#p771357
^^Build Thread^^
04 Subaru Outback (daily driver), with a 2.5l boxer H4
(no other projects, YET!)
"Might be crazy but I ain't dumb"!
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

started installing the side trim on my 69, Will show pics when completed.